Main Menu

Pick a bike for Catz aka Zach

Started by Admin CATZ, June 11, 2008, 08:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin CATZ

I leaning towards SR 50 R but I need some opinions and to get out and ride some bikes.

XIII

No, you are looking for buying reinforcement otherwise you'd lean towards a more economy type bike... ;D If it's buyer reinforcement, then go for the shiver, the cbr or the RC8. You know what, get the RC8. Why, because I want to see it in person....LOL. :o

Admin CATZ

Kaze I'm leaning towards the SR50 Factory Scooter it doesn't get more economy than that. However part of me thinks in the long run I'd wish I just bought a bike and would have wasted 3k on a scooter. Not so much buyers reinforcement but hoping someone has some of those bikes and would mind letting me taking them for a test drive. I was all excited about the Ducati Hypermotard untill I rode it.

Adiggity

Quote from: Catz on June 12, 2008, 08:21:31 AM
Kaze I'm leaning towards the SR50 Factory Scooter it doesn't get more economy than that. 

Actually it does. The Honda Metropolitan gets over 100 miles/gallon.  :)

It really depends on what you want out of the bike Zach. You have such a wide variety of option with each bike serving a different purpose. If you want to get good gas mileage, look "cool", and do the occasional trackday, the choice is pretty obvious. You can't go wrong with the Jap sport bike for the price tag. If you want exotic and sexy get the Duc or KTM. If you want the most economic, it's the scooter.

If you asking my opinion, I would get the Honda (truly, I'd get an R6, but I'm biased). Like I said, good gas mileage, looks good, performs great, good price and a S*&%LOAD of fun. Also, I may consider a GSXR 750. That is an awesome bike too. Sorry, I'm probably not answering your question the way you'd like, but I'm just being honest. It the only way I know. ;D

Good luck with your purchase......Oh and if you get the KTM or the Duc (848) I got dibs on first guest test ride.  ;D ;D

And just for the record, I too rode a Hypermotard and I didn't really like it either. I thought an SV was more fun and felt better.

Team Gorgonzola

Duc 848 it's the way to go....no doubts about it ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Oneup

Go with the scooter but you have to bring it to a trackday.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

yzinger

I voted aprilia scooter. only mine isnt an aprilia. and it is painted bright yellow with an "AHHWOOOGGAAA" horn.. thats the was to go Zach....plus, with your experience, you should be draggin floorboard in no time... haha

Admin CATZ

If you know me well enough you know I'd have no problem bringing it to a track day. However the closing speeds on the track would make it be pretty darn dangerous. I'd still do it  ;D

The more I think about it the more I want a city bike or scooter and not another sportbike, since I won't be able to stay away from the track and I have to many other projects to spend money on. In about two weeks I'll have more free time and I'm going to try and test ride a few bikes.

A DRAGON

[bZach I chose the Shiver for you because it was more like the SV. But yet still exoctic. I really think with all you want out of a bike you can't lose with that. They ride like a scooter and are very economical and would still be able to do the occasional track day very well.  You won't be the fastest be with your skill level you'll be having all the fun you want passing all the sportbikes where ever you go. ][/b] ;)
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

pizza

i cant vote because i dont see any buell options!
WARNING: fast Buell, slow owner!

Boulevard Pizza- The freshest thin crust pizza in Sparks.

MotoPutz

Was that your Buell at the mall a few days back parked in front of Bully's?

pizza

my buell was at the mall last week... and i ate at bullys... but my bike was on the other side of the mall; the sears and macys corner.

MotoPutz

there was a silver 1125 in front of bully's on Saturday I think... guess it wasn't yours

Mike

BMW F 800 GS - Yes
But before you consider the 1200 GS why not consider the KTM 990 Adventure?

Track It!.

Member of the SSA since 1996

pizza

Quote from: Putz on June 13, 2008, 10:47:26 AM
there was a silver 1125 in front of bully's on Saturday I think... guess it wasn't yours

silver? it probably wasnt a 1125 unless one of the like 4 people in town have already custom painted their bike.. since the 1125's only come in one paint scheme for their initial year- black with a blue frame.

and nonetheless certainly not me, i was out of town on saturday.