Main Menu

Sunday ride, 6/15/08, Ice House Rd.

Started by nvgixxer, June 11, 2008, 06:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSER 511

i am a new member would like to hook up with you guys on ice house rd.just off 50.  there is a turn out on icehouse rd. as you come up the hill could meet there. i ride a red honda cbr 1000 with 511 on the number plate. any body now what time you might be at icehoue rd. looking forword to the ride. 

yzinger

I used to live right next to the bottom of Wentworth... I miss it hahaha. just be careful you all.. CHP is making more of a presence after all the complaints last year.

Resistor

Quote from: POSER 511 on June 13, 2008, 05:51:33 PM
i am a new member would like to hook up with you guys on ice house rd.just off 50.  there is a turn out on icehouse rd. as you come up the hill could meet there. i ride a red honda cbr 1000 with 511 on the number plate. any body now what time you might be at icehoue rd. looking forword to the ride. 
We leave Carson and 9:30 so I think we should be there around 11.  Does that sound about right?  The turnout is before we get to the store right?  We'll keep an eye out for your red honda.
2005 GSXR-600

POSER 511

A DRAGON

nvgisxxer you are hurting my feelins. But I'm happy for you and your retirement.

Mase sorry to hear your not in for the Sunday ride. Really happy to hear your tyres are trashed by the  Race Track. That's cool.

I don't know exactly what time we'll be at the turn off. Once we leave Carson at 9:30 we'll bypass Kingsbury grade and take Diamond Valley road to Hwy 4. Then take Luther summit over to Tahoe. I can't see us doing Spooner. But things might change. We probably won't be to Hwy 50 till around 11:00 Like Resistor said. So maybe giver us a little time. We should be there around 11:30 to 12:00. If you don't see us don't wait pass 12:15 get on with your ride.  Also we'll need a good place for lunch to.  That's what I thought would happen I hope it sound right. See you tomorrow. ;D
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

nvgixxer

Hey Jerome! Good to see you're up for it tomorrow! Sheeesh........I thought you might have died and gone to heaven or somethin'!!! HAHA! Hey..........as far as an eatery for lunch.......a GREAT burger can be had in Georgetown, a little cafe just past the fire station right in the middle of town. Last month when a couple of us were down there, it was 100 degrees in the shade...............tomorrow will more than likely be close to that! 
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

Justin

Jerome did go to heaven.  Track day after track day, after track day.

MnMTriumph

I am going to do everything in my power to be there, look forward to riding with all of you. Wife is out of town so i should be able to go  ;D. I just have one isue that with my bike that im working on.

repsol71

I need my bike brought over to Calif on Sunday, oh and my gear, can anyone swing by my house and haul it over? HHHHhheheheheh, seriously if anyone has a truck or trailer comming this way I would really appreciate it. ::)
I am always ready to rip!!!

weavefish

Me and Jenx cant go :( we have been detained until further notice :( :(
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

nvgixxer

Quote from: repsol71 on June 14, 2008, 05:21:39 PM
I need my bike brought over to Calif on Sunday, oh and my gear, can anyone swing by my house and haul it over? HHHHhheheheheh, seriously if anyone has a truck or trailer comming this way I would really appreciate it. ::)
repsol71: piece of cake, problem solved................put your gear on your body, your body on the bike, twist the right wrist and presto.....you'll be in CA in no time, with us!  :)

A DRAGON

nvgisxxer looking forward to seeing you again tomorrow. I have a lady friend coming back from L.A. tomorrow so I want to meet her in Gardnerville tomorrow around 3. I hope I can pull it off. So I'll have to turn and burn tomorrow. I think we're going to have a good turn out tomorrow. See the Reno crew at La Vecchia in the morning at 8am turning keys at 8:30 sharp. Over V.C. to Carson City to the Starbucks South of Carson. nvgisxxer can you meet us at the Chevron on Hwy 50 to lead us to Starbucks? If not Justino I'm sure knows the way.  Laterrrrrrrr
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

nvgixxer

Hey Jerome....you'll have no problem finding the south Starbucks, especially if John (CBR1100XX) or my bro Ian (Buell12r) show up, they were both  here on our last Monitor ride a few weeks back.
Anyway....................heading south on hwy 395 out of Carson, continue approx. 1 mile past the Spooner (hwy 50) turn off and Topsy Lane is at the top of the hill at the light. Turn right on Topsy, then left to Starbucks. Gas station is a stone's throw away from Starbucks, just opposite Walmart.
See you guys there.....................
Jim

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

mase

Hopefully everyone that went had a blast and came back rubber side down.  Wish I could have went, I love that road; But dirt bags don't stop.  Job security I guess.
Sean Mason