Main Menu

Sunday ride, 6/15/08, Ice House Rd.

Started by nvgixxer, June 11, 2008, 06:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvgixxer

Never too early to start inquiring..................anyone planning on doing the Ice House / Wentworth Springs run this Sunday?
If so, remember the new Carson City meeting place, the Starbucks off Topsy Lane, south of Carson City.  :)
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

buell12r

you know i'll be their ;D ;D
lets ride!!!!
turn key @ 9:30 right

Tahoebrian5

Newbie just signed up! I'm thinking of going... I didn't see a map for this ride. Does anyone have a link or description?
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

nvgixxer

Quote from: buell12r on June 11, 2008, 03:29:29 PM
you know i'll be their ;D ;D
lets ride!!!!
turn key @ 9:30 right
Yeah, 9:30 unless someone with more time and grade on this site chimes in!
Too bad you work for a livng Ian.........I took a nice run up Monitor this morning.........ahhhh, yes, yes, retirement is the only way to go!!  ;D

nvgixxer

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on June 11, 2008, 03:45:28 PM
Newbie just signed up! I'm thinking of going... I didn't see a map for this ride. Does anyone have a link or description?
Via Carson City, it's a round trip of approx. 250 miles.........drone along hwy 50 until almost to Placerville, then north on Ice House Road to the intersection with Wentworth Springs Road. Take Wentworth Springs Road into Georgetown. From Georgetown, Reno riders might opt to take hwy 49 to Auburn, then on home via Hwy 80. Being a Carson City resident, I'll take 49 into Placerville and head home via Hwy 50.

Resistor

I'll be there.  And yes nvgixxer that is the route.

For the guys heading down from Reno, that want to get an early start, we're going to meet at LaVecchia at 8:00 for some cappuccino.  Watch this thread for updates if that changes.  From there we'll head to Carson City via Geiger and the Truck Route.

It's been awhile since I've done a Sunday ride, I can't wait.  :D
2005 GSXR-600

n10sive

Quote from: nvgixxer on June 11, 2008, 06:50:08 PM
Via Carson City, it's a round trip of approx. 250 miles.........drone along hwy 50 until almost to Placerville, then north on Ice House Road to the intersection with Wentworth Springs Road. Take Wentworth Springs Road into Georgetown. From Georgetown, Reno riders might opt to take hwy 49 to Auburn, then on home via Hwy 80. Being a Carson City resident, I'll take 49 into Placerville and head home via Hwy 50.

Ever thought of altering this route to do 88 and the immigrant trail? It's a fun road with no traffic and pops out on 50 at Pollack Pines.

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

repsol71

NVgixxer that must have been you that went by my house this afternoon? I was cleaning out the garage, you know spring cleaning.
And to the newbie that just signed up, Wentworth is the BEST road around. You will enjoy it emensly.
I am always ready to rip!!!

nvgixxer

Quote from: repsol71 on June 11, 2008, 09:48:36 PM
NVgixxer that must have been you that went by my house this afternoon? I was cleaning out the garage, you know spring cleaning.
And to the newbie that just signed up, Wentworth is the BEST road around. You will enjoy it emensly.
Hey repsol! Yeah, that was me returning from Monitor! I thought I saw that 1000RR of yours sitting out there in the driveway! I live a few blocks away down on Empire Ranch Road. I didn't see you or I'd of stopped for a chat, you should have thrown a broom or something at me! You gonna make it on Sunday?
I always plan ahead, served notice on my two kids...............we shall celebrate Father's Day on SATURDAY!  ;D

nvgixxer

Quote from: n10sive on June 11, 2008, 09:39:31 PM
Quote from: nvgixxer on June 11, 2008, 06:50:08 PM

Ever thought of altering this route to do 88 and the immigrant trail? It's a fun road with no traffic and pops out on 50 at Pollack Pines.

Yes indeed, great route idea! I've done it that way many times in the past, during the week (dodging logging trucks all the way!).  ;D

Tahoebrian5

Sounds like good times! I'm still do not have 100% clearance, but for now I'm going to say I'm in. I'll be starting in Reno.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

buell12r

[/quote]
Too bad you work for a livng Ian.........I took a nice run up Monitor this morning.........ahhhh, yes, yes, retirement is the only way to go!!  ;D
[/quote]

need to work so I can keep paying for gas
ware are you in the afternoons? lets ride
me and jredd are going today, aparently timex wont be making this one
call me if you can go or are you tired :D

nvgixxer

Quote from: buell12r on June 12, 2008, 03:03:05 PM

[/quote]

need to work so I can keep paying for gas
ware are you in the afternoons? lets ride
me and jredd are going today, aparently timex wont be making this one
call me if you can go or are you tired :D
[/quote]
Wish I could Ian, gotta pick my two pups up from the groomers this afternoon.........argh! Like posted yesterday, watch out for the "man" on the TR, if that's where you guys are headed! Me? Too tired?? The only time I get tired is after a jog around the golf course!  ;D

DrummerBoy83

Hey all im new here, but me and My Fz6 will be there ready to roll. I am stoked to find some new folks to ride with.

mase

Wentworth is a great run.  Yall be careful.  I can't get the day off work. Bummer for me and I trashed my tires at the track last Sun.  

Everyone who goes have a great time.
Sean Mason