Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Ooops :/

Started by weavefish, June 09, 2008, 07:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weavefish

Not sure what happened but the video and quality got a little messed up when i uploaded. my first edit job so sorry if it sucks.... thanks for all the help getting my baby back on the track ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2rU2laSA9Y
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

JENX!!!

well, everybody crashes.....even rossi!!!, atleast you got right back up and riding....and got better too. ;D
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

Adiggity

Glad your ok. Now you know why they require leathers. Woulda sucked if you had jeans and a tank top on.  :D

MotoPutz

Really, I didn't think my leathers helped me at all on my high side  ::) ;) 8)

Glad everything worked out ok on that lowside Weave, and that you were able to get back out there. Nice riding too btw...

Adiggity

Quote from: Putz on June 10, 2008, 09:44:40 AM
Really, I didn't think my leathers helped me at all on my high side  ::) ;) 8)

Yeah, I heard about your get off. Glad you are ok too. I hope you learned your lesson on hitting the rear brake with a road bike!  :D

I think there was a crash bug flying around our area last weekend. Just glad that everyone was ok.

MotoPutz

Quote from: Adiggity on June 10, 2008, 10:12:38 AM
I hope you learned your lesson on hitting the rear brake with a road bike!  :D

Yeah, to many years riding in the dirt teaches you bad habits for the road.

Resistor

Thanks for posting the video, i was wondering what it would look like.

I had a bit of motorcyle carnage too.  I dropped my bike when unloading it at my house.  :-[  I scratched up the tail section and bent my brake lever.  Oh well... it has it's first scratch atfer 16K miles.
2005 GSXR-600

Adiggity

That sucks Russell. Those are the worst. Did anyone see you do it? That really makes you feel like a boner....not that I've done it.  ;D

weavefish

sorry to hear about our bike Russell but not to bad with 16k miles on it. hey putz i saw yu out for a session after your oops... that mean the bike is ok? didnt see you out for the last session.
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

MotoPutz

I ran C group for the second half of the day just because I didn't want to push it too hard on a busted up bike. But I rode every session till the end. But it was on borrowed parts that I had to return. I would definitly like to thank the Code 4 member whose name I don't know (but races with a F4i) for letting me borrow his rear set. He pretty much single handedly saved my trackday. Even ran back into Reno to get it for me. That was killer nice of him. And I would like to thank the other guy that give me a spare front brake lever. He was my other saving grace.

Resistor

That would be Dean Pacich, a very nice down-to-earth guy.
2005 GSXR-600

pizza

Quote from: Adiggity on June 10, 2008, 10:50:16 AM
That sucks Russell. Those are the worst. Did anyone see you do it? That really makes you feel like a boner....not that I've done it.  ;D

i swear if i had 100 bucks for every time i did the most incredibly dumb things possible with dropping my bike... O man!

i have over braked on 2 separate occasions that ended up un a whole new right side of my new bike, and putting the initiationary scratches on my (at the time) 2 day old bike. then ive gotten my shoe lace caught in my kick stand in front of the harley dealership and dismounted, and pulled the bike with me till it landed on top of me... and to emphasize.. AT THE HARLEY DEALERSHIP... at the end of a line of like 20 bikes! the not so fatal death of my old bike was thanks to my back pack being strapped to the rear tailsection, and my wheelspoke grabbing one of the shoulderstraps, sucking it between the rear wheel and swing arm, locking the rear tire and skidding to a very tenderizing lowside right out side of downieville. angry that i ruined a 2 month old custom paint job, i had to drive my bike that was now missing a right foot peg all the way back to reno, while the wind was blowing on my fresh, asphalt-embedded road rash, i was not a happy camper. i have a couple more times for when i laid it down... all of which were completely dumb.

atleast i havent dumped it by flipping the entire bike doing too much of a stoppie or pulling a sky high wheelie, or being hell bent one afternoon on getting rid of the chicken strips on my rear tire and going [too] far into a corner.... yet.
WARNING: fast Buell, slow owner!

Boulevard Pizza- The freshest thin crust pizza in Sparks.

n10sive

hmmm....walk under a ladder....break a mirror.....have a black cat walk in front of  me.... ride with pizza....hmmmm  ::)

:D ;D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

MotoPutz

Quote from: n10sive on June 13, 2008, 07:55:30 AM
hmmm....walk under a ladder....break a mirror.....have a black cat walk in front of  me.... ride with pizza....hmmmm  ::)

Bahahaha

I admit I have toppled from a stoppie on my dirt bike but never on my street bike yet and I have looped out a wheelie, but that was completely my fault... I had a wet shoe and peg and when I throttled up I slipped of the peg and while falling backwards grabbed a fist full of throttle. Lucky the stock muffler stopped me from going over completely backwards, I just bailed off.

pizza

Quote from: n10sive on June 13, 2008, 07:55:30 AM

i am most certainly murphy's law put into reality!
WARNING: fast Buell, slow owner!

Boulevard Pizza- The freshest thin crust pizza in Sparks.