Main Menu

big fat ticket

Started by smoothduc, June 04, 2008, 10:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoothduc

What's the best way to proceed if one get's a big fat ticket for speeding, has to go to court, is guilty of the speeding but likes to decrease the sentence?

n10sive

Quote from: smoothduc on June 04, 2008, 10:04:53 AM
What's the best way to proceed if one get's a big fat ticket for speeding, has to go to court, is guilty of the speeding but likes to decrease the sentence?

First step is to slaughter a chicken. This will remove the bad karma from the previous 'pull overs' thread  :D ;D

Second is ask for Traffic School. Nevada does offer that option doesn't it?
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

smoothduc

no no, it's not me, I'm posting this for a good friend, trying to help out where I can. Is that traffic school thing for real?
That chicken thing... I've got a rooster that needs cropping @the neck, wakes me up at 4am each day, will he do?

smoothduc

nopeedee no, it's not my doing. This is really for a friend, he does not even know I'm posting, wanted to save him time and present solutions.

JENX!!!

How fast was he going? first offense?
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

rubberducee

real fast, not a first one but a first offense if you get my draft.....

NVKrawler

Show up to court, plead not guilty and go back for the trial and ask for a plea bargain. The DA should help you out. i mean him...

Mike Cullen

contact wncc in carson city or truckee meadows college in reno or ask the reno justice court (for washoe county violations) on traffic schools...get the traffic school outta the way first then contact the prosecuting DA at the court date and time set on the citation, they should reduce the fine if not drop it depending on the charge

smoothduc

Thanks for all the good replies, Mike, do you happen to know the name of the DA up in VC?

yzinger

Quote from: Mike Cullen on June 04, 2008, 10:06:21 PM
contact wncc in carson city or truckee meadows college in reno or ask the reno justice court (for washoe county violations) on traffic schools...get the traffic school outta the way first then contact the prosecuting DA at the court date and time set on the citation, they should reduce the fine if not drop it depending on the charge

+1 (or 2)

Highlander

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity.
E.A.Poe

Mike Cullen

virginia city is a little bit different than other places, they get lots of complaints on motorcyclists beg for mercy...

pizza

i have never received a ticket on my bike; thus saying that i have never had one from excessive excessive excessive speed which my bike is capable of as opposed to my 4 wheeled vehicles which seem to have a limit to how fast they can go.

just showing up to court (which was optional to simply paying) knocked my ticket almost in half. i explained to the judge what i was doing without fudging or lying about it. in my particular situation, the ticket was technically deserved since i was going 50 in a 35, yet the traffic and conditions made it to where i would consider it 'safe' for me to be going that quickly. plus it was on a country road a 9am on a sunday and the cop was obviously out on a silly place to be.

now if i had been going 80 down that road (and i have since seen triple digit speeds on the same road) i would not even waste the courts time by arguing it. i accept that there is the possibility of a cop catching me, and i accept that i have no excuse to be going at those unsafe speeds. i would grittinly pay the ticket and the subsequent concequences for doing such a dumb act.... which i will more than likely be paying a ticket for incredibly dumb fast speeds in my future.

long story short. it depends on how deserving your friend was of this ticket. if it was fully deserved, there is little you can do.. if there were extenuating circumstances that make the situation a bit more complicated, and there is something you can legitimately say in defense of your case, without it being a frivilous reaons then argue it, fight it, and take any other options you can possibly get your hands on.
WARNING: fast Buell, slow owner!

Boulevard Pizza- The freshest thin crust pizza in Sparks.