Main Menu

Jerome's Annual Swim Ride - Roll Call

Started by GreenMachine, July 15, 2010, 02:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigcat

Sorry gang, won't be able to make this one. GM will have to bring the leo detector. Have fun and take lots of pictures. .. ;D

GixxerSixx_Titan

T and I will be meeting you guys in Sierraville, waiting patiently for your arrival. See you in the am, and as we will be 2up, I anticipate bringing up the rear. What time will you guys be in Sierraville? Will Dean be coming?
I can resist everything except temptation.

GreenMachine

Sixx,

Yes, Dean will be joining too there in Sierraville.  He told me a few days ago that I wouldn't make today's ride; I did a century bike ride Saturday.  He was half right.  I'll be joining the ride part of the festivities, but think I'm a little too beat up for the swim.  Maybe I'll just bring the camera and take pics of you guys cooling off.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

Green Machine. Hope you did well in the century ride. Bring your swimming trunks just so you can lay in the water and relax. 

Trinie. If you were golfing with pine cones I know everyone behind you was shouting fouuuuuurrrrrrrr.   Good job lady. thanks for the up date.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

4,500' elevation change, 102 miles in yesterday's heat.

5:54 a personal record.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

nvgixxer

Quote from: GreenMachine on July 18, 2010, 08:53:58 AM
4,500' elevation change, 102 miles in yesterday's heat.

5:54 a personal record.
You da man GM! I went out yesterday as well and did the exact same route we did last Saturday (Monitor/Sonora) with the NorCal JaBoB (Just another Bunch of Bikes) club! Whew! HOT-HOT!!  :P  
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

GreenMachine

Thanks Jim.  Every sport has its cutting edge and yesterday's run was it for me.  There's still that intoxicating rush from reeling in and passing people even if its going under 30 MPH.  After about 50 miles you could see the heat taking its toll on riders.  Another rider from Incline Village and I just took 'em apart, until he faded at 80 miles, I was still feeling good so I turned it all the way up to the end.   :D

Fall River Mills has some of the prettiest, if not Jurassic like, scenery around.  Hope the picture on the right doesn't burn anyone's eyes out.  :-\

Today some of the group needed to return to Reno by 5PM, so four of us took off for home.  Tom was suppose to turn off in Sattley, but I think he forgot and just followed Dean.  Wills and I returned home safely.  Nothing but a great day and a great way to cool off.  Well, except for some injuries sustained from going over the falls.  OH THAT SMARTS!!!   Sorry no pics.  I had the XD card out of my camera swapping up the above pics.  Can't get 'em every time.

Justino

GM,
Sounds like a great couple days in a row. Glad everyone had fun.
Yuba wasn't to mean if it only offered a couple scrapes.
Riding on the street is a lot like living with your parents.

dub

Great ride every one, I had an AWESOME time!  Thanks for having me along.  Can't wait for next weeks ride.

I think I learned a few things following Jerome through the twisties. Of course, it's not hard to pick up new things when you have only been riding a month. :P
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

A DRAGON

Willes. You impressed my so much today with your patience. I was so happy with the way you rode today. Riding your own pace. That's so hard to get people to understand.

Just for the record so everyone knows here's what he did:

He followed me and another slower rider from Sierraville all the way to Downieville. He was so polite. He came to me and said "The pace you were doing was a little slow for me."  He missed all that beautiful road to give me respect ;D I told him he could go on after downieville.  Trinie  then offered to sweep so I could have me a little fun. He got a 2 or 3 minute head start on me and I finally caught him about 20 miles down the road. After he was so gracious to let me by. He stuck to me like glue. I turned it up a little and every time I looked he was in the same spot.  For a man who has only been riding for a month he is one  hell of a rider. With the attitude he has about respecting other riders by giving them space and playing it smart. He is going to be a great addition to any club he chooses. When I meet kids like that. I know our future is in good hands.

Michael. Beautiful Machine. I couldn't stop looking at your Triumph. Fellow riders that bike is beautiful.  Michael and all the rest of the riders rode very well and in their own comfort Zone. What a great group of people we had today. Everything went so well. I could be happier.

Lunch at Las Katrina's was excellent as always. They are so attentive over there and so very nice. I recommend anyone looking for a fabulous Mexican dinner. Please consider them. Waitress and staff were so kind like always. I'm happy the SSA is giving people like that our Business. They had our tables all set up with Ice water in all the pitchers. That's service.  ;D ;D 

The drive home on Hwy 20 had an overlay going on. It was only the west bound lane. The east side hadn't been touched. Everyone again rode well. NO close calls very spirited pace with a lot of common sense. Everyone on hwy 40 even pulled over to let us by. I-80 still has their construction going on. But we made it through very fast anyway. Regina even had time to fed little Gator on the way home and still catch up with us a Sparky's for a beer to end the ride. I love that part. It really makes the ride worth the effort.

I'm gonna go get me an Ice Cream bar  :-*
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

Quote from: dub on July 18, 2010, 07:48:24 PM
Great ride every one, I had an AWESOME time!  Thanks for having me along.  Can't wait for next weeks ride...
Laguna Seca is next weekend, although for those not able to participate, there is a scheduled ride too. 

Feel free to post rides of your own or create a future ride event on the SSA calendar.

Glad you enjoyed the ride today and hope to see more of you.  Jerome sounds like he was really impressed. 

I'm probably one of the slowest guys in the group, so I was gratified to hear that my pace was 'just right' for the group overall.  I still have to learn the names for all the new faces, but the fist pump and comment I got from one of you after Yuba Pass said volumes; "that was fun!"  My thoughts exactly!

dub

Well, I'm down to do next weeks scheduled ride with the other unlucky souls who can't get to Monterey.

btw, it was good to meet everyone today that I met.  I didn't catch everyone's name, but I'm sure I'll see you again.

sparkygixxer

I had a blast on the ride, like usual.  Amazingly the river was not as cold as I anticipated, but it was a nice cool off from the heat.  Thank you all who dealt with me trying to get back into my sweaty leathers while I was attempting to use baby powder to keep my skin dry.  LOL... yeah I'm bright like that hahaha
Anyhow I had my water camera and took a few pics and videos.  Will be reading GM's post on  how to upload so be nice as I try and get these up as soon as I can.
Sorry I had to skip out early, but I gotta do what I gotta do.   :P

See you all Tuesday!
Anyone going to Gardnerville tonight?

dub

Quote from: sparkygixxer on July 19, 2010, 12:47:53 PM...
Anyone going to Gardnerville tonight?

I was thinking of heading down there and trying out the tacos tonight. 

sparkygixxer

http://picasaweb.google.com/sparkygixxer/Yuba2010#  Hope this works.

Let me know if you are in one and want it removed.  I just added mostly all that I took.