Main Menu

Jerome's Annual Swim Ride - Roll Call

Started by GreenMachine, July 15, 2010, 02:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Team Gorgonzola

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

thruxton033

I'll be joining for my first SSA ride!

TMo

Jason and I will be there.  But beware, we haven't been out in the sun too much this summer and our whiteness might be blinding!

A DRAGON

I'll forgive you if you forgive my pop belly. :'( :'(
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

n10sive

FYI, 20 has a nice new coat of asphalt going west bound. By this friday they made it all the way to Nevada City from Hwy 80 off ramp. Starting today (or monday if they don't work weekends) the road will be closed to one lane in spots as they make their way back east for the other lane. Watch for big asphalt haulers and other equipment.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

dub

Well, I'm convinced.  Leathers over swimsuit it it.

I'll see you guys on 89 just north of the 80 off ramp.  How will I know its the SSA ride other than a group of (mostly) sportbikes headed north?  And what's the protocol, just hop on the back as you pass by?
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Justino

Quote from: dub on July 17, 2010, 11:21:58 AM
Well, I'm convinced.  Leathers over swimsuit it it.
Phew.  :) Don't mean to be so 'doom and gloom' but just want everyone to be safe. ;)
Your suit will dry before you get to your bike, no worries.  Be safe and have fun

Quote from: dub on July 17, 2010, 11:21:58 AM
I'll see you guys on 89 just north of the 80 off ramp.  How will I know its the SSA ride other than a group of (mostly) sportbikes headed north?  And what's the protocol, just hop on the back as you pass by?
You'll know because there will be many many people in full leathers.  What color leathers/bike will you have?
The sweeper could easily give you the signal.  Where I used to sit was the off ramp of 80.  They had to slow down and gave me time to finish a cigarette and put my helmet on. (No shade though)
Yes, just hopping on the back works best. . . the designated sweeper may ask you to move in front of him/her.
Riding on the street is a lot like living with your parents.

dub

Cool.

Black/red leathers, black/silver sv.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

youngster775

I wont be making the ride now  :( the buyer is coming to pick up the R1 tommorrow  :'(
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

Scott

Hey everyone
new here to the SSA i met some of you on Tuesday looking forward to meeting the rest of you all tomorrow at Starbucks!
GSX-R600

Team Gorgonzola

Hey Scott, won't make the ride, just wanted to say hi ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: youngster775 on July 17, 2010, 02:49:40 PM
I wont be making the ride now  :( the buyer is coming to pick up the R1 tommorrow  :'(
Ohh you poor man, you can work with me all Sunday if you want (for free) ;D
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Justino

Quote from: dub on July 17, 2010, 02:06:05 PM
Cool.

Black/red leathers, black/silver sv.
MAKE SURE TO PICK UP THIS DUDE

BLACK/RED, leathers  Black/silver SV

(look for another jerome!)
Riding on the street is a lot like living with your parents.

A DRAGON

Looking forward to the Ride tomorrow. Made our reservations for lunch already to. It's going to be hot. ;D ;D
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

sparkygixxer

I met with a friend of mine and did that ride today.  The 20 going to Nevada City is complete and there was no construction at all.  The 49 has a lot of rock slide areas and some has been swept up.  I played golf a few times with the pine cones in the middle of the road, think I did 4 over Par.  LOL 
p.s.
I saw 7 police cars on my route, only one being on the 80, so I hope we got a scannerman out there with us  ;D

See ya boys and girls tomorrow!