Main Menu

Charter Troubleshooting

Started by MotoPutz, April 22, 2008, 04:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotoPutz

OK, so I have Charter looking into the issue that you can't log in if you have Charter and the forum loading slowly. I have told him that I'm not the only person having this issue and he wants everyone that is having this issue to call in to Charter and open a trouble ticket so they can compare the issue and find out the commonality. So if you have Charter and are having trouble with the site please call 1-800-314-7195 opt 1(residential), 1(English), 10 dig phone, 3(technical support), 3(High Speed Internet), 0-0-0 ( to skip automated troubleshooting and transfer to a human being). I can have this fast tracked if I can get everyones help.

Thanks

yzinger

I have charter too and I cannot load the www.r6-forum.com web page. it blows. put me on the list of boycotting charter.

krisper

i live south side of town, mira loma. I dont seem to have any problems with logging on or opening webpages. Besides hotmail. But thats it. But I have charter. Try checking your modem or router. Usually if you shut down your comp, by pulling the plug. Lose of power or something that cause a distrubtion to the network. You will see problems. Usually do the first by deleting history, getting rid of cookies. Then from there check your modem and/or router. To proper reset - Pull the power from modem and ethernet cord running to the comp. Leave the cable or dsl line runinng into modem. Replug power, wait for soild green light. Then replug ethernet cord. Do the same with your router. Sometimes when you have a router, you may or may not of to reinstall the software on comp.

Hope some of this helps. I hate dealing with automated stuff and represenitives that cant barely speak english.

Also check any of your firewalls or internet security content. You may have certain web links blocked. I forget the exact codes.. but its usually a like a http or something.

MotoPutz

Actually the problem is intermittant and is between the server and the ISP seemingly. Some days the site works fine and others I get a Error 500 which is a generic error refering to a error code returned from the server in the http header.

Introduction

Your Web server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request by the client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) for access to the requested URL.

This is a 'catch-all' error generated by your Web server. Basically something has gone wrong, but the server can not be more specific about the error condition in its response to the client. In addition to the 500 error notified back to the client, the Web server should generate some kind of internal error log which gives more details of what went wrong. It is up to the operators of your Web server site to locate and analyse these logs.

500 errors in the HTTP cycle

Any client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) goes through the following cycle when it communicates with your Web server:

Obtain an IP address from the IP name of your site (your site URL without the leading 'http://'). This lookup (conversion of IP name to IP address) is provided by domain name servers (DNSs).
Open an IP socket connection to that IP address.
Write an HTTP data stream through that socket.
Receive an HTTP data stream back from your Web server in response. This data stream contains status codes whose values are determined by the HTTP protocol. Parse this data stream for status codes and other useful information.
This error occurs in the final step above when the client receives an HTTP status code that it recognises as '500'.

But when I posted prior to this issue, other said they got the some issue. I have a direct contact to Tier 3 support as per my job but they still need trouble tickets created so that they can see who all and what all is going on.

Adiggity

Hate to thread jack, but who is this Putz guy?! Is that Nicky Hayden??....no, it's Pedrosa.....wait, who is that??  ;D Looks good whoever it is.  8)

Admin CATZ

The error logs with your name just say "password incorrect". I have only been contacted by one other person with this problem.

Solution: Dump that piece of S@#T Charter or tell them to upgrade you to a faster services for free, because what you have isn't doing it.

Remember it could be just one DNS server along the whole long line of charter servers that it pings through that has not updated it's DNS or that Charter has to much traffic on. Knowing Charter they have crap equpitment that can barely handle the traffic assigned to it. It happens randomely because pings follow different routes depending on the anticipated traffic.

krisper

Not knowin that I was way outta my league when I wrote my paragraph, a few post ago. That I decided to stay outta this post and find myself back in the (wanted: post) section.
Charter bad, whatever else good. Good luck to you.

MotoPutz

Quote from: Adiggity on April 23, 2008, 12:27:44 PM
Hate to thread jack, but who is this Putz guy?! Is that Nicky Hayden??....no, it's Pedrosa.....wait, who is that??  ;D Looks good whoever it is.  8)

Nice job. Those you gave me done me well. Now if I just my new stiffer fork springs and get the them dailed in, you can see what I can really do. Draggin knee on my first time out aint too bad for my first time out.

Any way, I haven't had the problem in a few day so I will just watch it and see what happens. I can tell your not so found of the Charter. And I admit that my Charter fiber at work has yet to do me wrong. I will have to watch the path change from when it works and when it doesn't and check the path from home next time it decides to act up. Oh well...

MotoPutz

OK, so I know Silke and ?John? has this issue. Can you guys please call Charter and start a new trouble ticket for yourself and then give me the trouble ticket #. I can get this to the Level # tech support. Thats 2 steps above the people you talk to on the phone. I know you guys might be switching to SBC but I would still like to resolve the issue, and I need your help.  You can also try changing your DNS's and it works most of the time for me. If you need help getting this done email me at LHYSELL@KREN.com or LHYSELL@GMAIL.COM or call my cell at 775-224-8522, I will be happy to walk you thru getting it changed, its easy and fixes the issue most of the time.

smoothduc

same issue with me, one day fine, other day's error 500. Now I'm at work and can get in just fine..
At home I've got the problems. I'm on trouble call schedule with Charter already, will bring it up and see if they can open the issue.
Thanks for all the advise.
silke

smoothduc

Quote from: Putz on April 27, 2008, 10:12:21 PM
OK, so I know Silke and ?John? has this issue. Can you guys please call Charter and start a new trouble ticket for yourself and then give me the trouble ticket #. I can get this to the Level # tech support. Thats 2 steps above the people you talk to on the phone. I know you guys might be switching to SBC but I would still like to resolve the issue, and I need your help.  You can also try changing your DNS's and it works most of the time for me. If you need help getting this done email me at LHYSELL@KREN.com or LHYSELL@GMAIL.COM or call my cell at 775-224-8522, I will be happy to walk you thru getting it changed, its easy and fixes the issue most of the time.
Thanks Putz, I got your email and will contact you tonight. I'm at work right now.
s

MotoPutz

My charter friend has said he has made some changes and would like to know if it has made a difference to anyone. Please give it a try if you have had problems in the past and let me know if anything has changed.

Thanks

n10sive

Quote from: Putz on August 01, 2008, 09:35:39 AM
My charter friend has said he has made some changes and would like to know if it has made a difference to anyone. Please give it a try if you have had problems in the past and let me know if anything has changed.

Thanks

Yeah...I made some changes too...I DROPPED CHARTER! LOL
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

MotoPutz

I just tested it at my house and it is working well, anyone else who have charter and live in the north valleys or north of the top of McCarran want to give it a try for me?

zipbyu

Yes, It worked great.  First time ever.  Maybe I don't have to take a alternative route anymore.  Cool to your nerdy friend. ;)