Main Menu

July 19th Swim ride!

Started by Justin, July 14, 2009, 10:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellis44n

hey gabe glad to here that you are ok. my wife and i were right behind you on the busa and going the same pace. i didnt think we were pushing it. maybe you hit some thing on the road. it looked to me that your fornt end pushed untill you hit the dirt and then i couldnt see much other thann dirt, parts, and you going all different ways. i was surprised and relived to see you jump back up after that. if you have any more questions, send me a message i know i like to find out what i did wrong after i crash. thanks jerome for the fun ride and the great swim hole. see ya at rfr next weekend

XIII

4 hour sleep + Almost losing my helmet visor + Almost losing my phone + Severe dehydration + Massive headache + Unable to nature stop due to traffic on the way back = still an epic day of riding! The company was great. Nice meeting Edgar and Romero + those that I didn't get the names for (Hope to see you guys at the Bike night). The roads were nice and smooth (except for the occasional sand). Alberto on that upright ducati was on a good pace and Ben on the green Triumph was right up there with him (nice job Ben!). Also, that mexican food at Nevada City was amazing. Easily the best mexican food place for me. Anyway, on to the pics! I didn't get to take many but here they are:

Higher res pics available upon request! Great ride everyone! Sorry I bailed early. I needed the rest/sleep and some drugs to get rid of the headache....

edit: as Alberto mentioned during our hellish traffic excursion, we were still in California! So....sensible lane splitting FTW!

99 900ss duc

sorry to hear about your bike gabe hope you are ok

XIII

BTW, Alberto, that duc's chain is looking like it needs a good adjustment and some cleaning! After messing with the 675's chain quite a bit, I couldn't help but be distracted by it during that slow traffic run on the way back. Tell Archie to get busy!  ;D

GreenMachine

risinson18 - I didn't snap off any pics of your accident.  This is what I remember of it.  I was about three bikes behind you setting up for the turn when I saw you low-side just short of the apex.  Through all the dust and debris I couldn't make out if the front or rear washed or if you grounded something that caused your tires to lose contact with the road.  When I saw you were down you were somewhat in the saddle, in the marbles, way to the outside of the corner.  Your bike's tires impacted the rock embankment fairly evenly, but violently enough to cause both you and the bike to cartwheel at least once. By the time I pulled along side, you were in the ditch clear of the bike, intact, but whinsing from the pain. The turn was a 25 MPH and I'd estimate our speed to be about 40, so pretty casual. 

These are the pics taken from Downieville on <click here>.  Here's a sample pic, the last of the day.  Thankfully, everybody walked away, including the nice lady who owned this car.  Lots of bruises, airbags deployed, and carnage.  Looking at the pics, it's hard to believe it wasn't tragic.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Adiggity

Glad you guys are ok. Sorry to hear about your crashes.  :(

On the brighter side, that swim hole is awesome! It just looks refreshing in those pics.

BIG SPLASH

CRAZY PHOTOS!!!THAT GOUGE ON THE RIGHT SIDE BUMPER IS FROM MY FOOT PEG AND SWING ARM CLOSE AND SCARY CALL..THE FLICKS OF THE WATER ARE AWSOME. DID ANY ONE GET ANYMORE PHOTOS OF THE TRIP?ANY VIDEO?BEN I NEED YOU TO GIVE ME A CALL IF POSSIBLE.MY NUMBER IS 225-8124.
jbyrd gixxen

youngster775

love the photos! only one problem.... Im not in any of them! WTF?  ::)
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

XIII

I only took the pics I had and it was quick round of snaps. Sorry if you some of you guys aren't in the pics. :-[ I'll take more pics next time. I just had a lot going through during that time (hint: read my first post after the trip).