Main Menu

July 19th Swim ride!

Started by Justin, July 14, 2009, 10:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Bay (BRA)

I'm take some friends from up here to go with us too. I'll see all tomorrow morning then. 8)

A DRAGON

Regina is taking her truck tomorrow on the swim ride. She will meet us at Starbuck's and depart at 9:30 with the rest of us. I'll be on my bike though.

Please remember to bring your water shoes and some Goggles to see under water. It really makes it much better. WE will be having lunch at the Mexican Restaurant.

See everyone that is going at the Yuba. ;D
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Rick Bay (BRA)

Alright Dragon... See you in a few... :o

A DRAGON

Mexican Restaurant is Las Katrina's in Nevada City.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Highlander

I was just going for a ride to Downieville but decided to tag along, thanks. Interesting day sorry about the one mishap glad no one was injured other than pride. Great ride good pace, never been to that river area, didn't know you had to be a mountain goat to get to the water. But I found a good perch and had wonderful company while I sat and watched the fun but  I had to leave the lovely lass and head back to Reno. Just the 45 minutes in the shade and my my face is mildly burned (Bright red) and I had sunscreen on as well. I did pass the fallen bike in the back of a pickup on the way back so thats a closed issue. I took 70 to 395 to avoid that wonderful bottleneck, for burning out the "gunk" I love that road. Thanks again for letting me tag along, hope the rest of your ride went well
I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity.
E.A.Poe

Green Hornet

Thanks for a great day Jerome, what a wonderful swim spot with a great road getting there. Kelly said thanks as well an can't wait to go again, with gear  ::)
Give me a shout any day this week and we'll work out the details for this weekend. 843-9479
Thanks again and I'll see ya soon, Chad

Rick Bay (BRA)

The ride today was awesome!!! Thanks a lot Jerome and Justino. I had good time swimming. I'll see everybody again next weekend at Fernley Raceway

youngster775

thank you jerome, regina, justino, and everyone else! me and my family had a great time, really makes me think about things.... Im glad everyone is okay... we need to do something about the varmit population! their everywhere!!! ;)
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

GreenMachine

Glad you are okay Ben.  Was anything broken?  Doesn't sound like it, if you didn't volunteer that info. All the rides I've been on this year have been incident free. I guess we were saving up for a big bad day with two lost bikes on one ride.

On a lighter note, I did get to shoot down one of the falls a couple times, didn't get sunburned and enjoyed the first half of the day.  Now if I can just shake this awkward yucky feeling.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

BIG SPLASH

Had a great time beautiful ride...Gotta hate those darn racoons though!!!sorry about your bikes guys Im just glad you guys are in one piece. Things could have been much worse.And Jerome BIG SPLASH will be my tag tommorrow ;D formerly known as jbyrd :) well guys hope to make it to the next meet &rfr... 8)
jbyrd gixxen

yzinger

So for those of us who were unfortunate enough to not be able to go...What happened with the raccoons?

bebasallo

Was anything broken?

Bones are intact.  BIG bruise to my left shin.  I think the bike is totalled. >:(

risinson18

and for me, i wrecked 8 miles out of downeville and luckily i just came out with a badly bruised left shoulder and ego! >:( the worst part was i wasn't even going fast!!!! and my bike is totaled as well. :'(
im just glad that i was wearing my gear, no road rash. and all the docters were really suprised how un injured i was! :)  i'll put up a photo soon of my bike. thanks to all the people that stopped, ADRAGON for ridding me into downeville and for the two medics that were on the ride. if the bikers that were behind me could tell me what they saw i can kinda figure out what i did wrong and prevent that from happening again in the feuture.  :-\ of course other than that dang "coyote" crossing tha road ;)
-Gabe!

D1NO

Sounds like a great ride besides the mishap.. Glad you guys are ok.. Big thanks to everybody especially Jerome and Regina for taking care of Ben.

n10sive

sorry to hear about your crash Gabe :( Glad you are ok and posting
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike