Main Menu

July 19th Swim ride!

Started by Justin, July 14, 2009, 10:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bebasallo

Dino, i'm in. This will be THE RIDE.  8). Lots and lots of good turns  ;D Do we pack lunch or ?  :-\

GreenMachine

Quote from: risinson18 on July 16, 2009, 07:35:25 PM
...how far is the ride and is the road techy?

Don't quote me on this, because this will be my first year going, but I think this is where ADragon's swimming hole is <link>, 120 miles out.   It's about 50/50, some of it is very twisty, with some 25 MPH (car) turns, so you'll be able to get your lean on, while the other 50% you'll be sightseeing.

Food can be had in Sierra City, Downieville has two delis, and Nevada City is just up the road as well.  I'm sure ADragon will give a suggestion as to where he'd like to go.  He hasn't disappointed in the food department yet.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

youngster775

I was wondering if we were eating somewhere also?
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

Justin

Mexican food in Nevada City is where we're headed

BIG SPLASH

:D  hopin to make it also,might have to take the kids to lassen fair :'( much rather ride  ;D
jbyrd gixxen

Justin

Quote from: jbyrd on July 17, 2009, 12:06:16 PM
:D  hopin to make it also,might have to take the kids to lassen fair :'( much rather ride  ;D
bring your kids swimming instead... it's better than cotton candy and funnel cake!
Trust me. . . I'm a nurse

Adiggity

Quote from: risinson18 on July 16, 2009, 07:35:25 PM
hey im thinking of bringing my wife and riding with her 2up. how far is the ride and is the road techy?
You should be fine. Many people have gone two up on that ride. Matter of fact I believe that is one of the rides Jerome took a 12 year old on the back of his bike and she fell asleep on the way home.  :)

Team Gorgonzola

I'll be two up (I am hoping Tomi will go).
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

risinson18

what times every one meeting and were?

BIG SPLASH

ha,gonna make it  ;D where is the meet? cant find it on the site!!!Managed to drop the kids with the ol lady 8)
jbyrd gixxen

XIII

I am most likely going on! I don't have a good reason not to go actually.

GreenMachine

See the top section of the Weekly ride schedule for times <click here>.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Rick Bay (BRA)

I'm in too... :P I'm gonna take Titania with me also...

Justin

turn keys at 930 sharp.  Starbucks on MCarren/80 (exit 10)

MnMTriumph

I know I havnt been hear since last years mishap at the track ( I think it was a Pride thing lol) but im trying to talk my wife into going so we might be there.