Main Menu

I think I forget how to drive a car!

Started by youngster775, July 05, 2009, 08:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngster775

I just had to say that Ive been soo spoiled lately, riding my bike everywhere.. I dont think Ive even looked at my car in over 2 weeks... until yesterday......it was time to take the family up to tahoe to watch the fireworks show, and it was like learning how to drive all over again! all I could see was the banked corners, all the other riders out and about and I was secretly hating them! I kept getting uncontrolable involentary twitches in my left hand followed by a quick twitch in my left foot at every corner I entered.... I even patted the roof of my car thinking it was my helmet after passing the speed trap when I saw other riders coming! OH I GOT IT BAD! all I can think of is I NEED MORE BIKES! then to teach my wife and daughter how to ride :o is there a name for this syndrome Im going thru??? HELP!!! ;D
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

Justin

I rode my bike to my first trackday.  It was so hard to shift my riding back to "normal" on my way home.  It's funny how "love" can retrain your brain.  Be safe with the family in the car:)

youngster775

I ALWAYS DRIVE SAFE AND SLOW WTH THE FAMILY..... I LOVE THEM ;)
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

yzinger

It is funny you mention this. I drove to Lake Almanor today and had the same freakin problem!! Taking race lines in the corners, taking they corners WAYY to fast for a dakota, and actually leaning in the seat like it would help!

I do however, always pat the roof to help other bikers if there are cops. People do it to me and it is greatly appreciated.