Main Menu

The Ride on May 31st....

Started by flyabusa, May 28, 2009, 05:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yzinger

ya I made it up there too. A little less police presence would have been nice. like, none ;D

tmylynn

POSER 511

sorry we missed you guys. got up there at about 9:30 laped the road a few times and went down to 50 waited till 12:30 and headed back to wentworth talked to some other riders they said there had been a few crashes up there within a few hours one rider life flighted but seemed ok.a lot of chp after that  so we called it a day. did have a great ride. no problems hope to see you guys at the next trackday .

n10sive

karin and I rode it yesterday. The road was PERFECT except for a little rain. Noticed on Saturday that it was patrolled. Lot's of dirt in the road from the logging trucks down my the reservoir. Rode back today and was hoping to run into the club somewhere along the way. You guys must have gotten a late start as coming up 50 we only noticed a few sportbiles....but no Dragon. We crested Echo about 11ish coming back into the basin.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

GreenMachine

After all that riding, the hail, the campers, and the cops, I only took two pics (see last two dated June 1).  Wished I had known I was ahead of the group in Tahoe, a pic of the SSA group-in-the-hail-storm moment would have been priceless.  :-\ 20 minutes late at *$, but 10 minutes ahead by CA Ag stop.   Musta been that short-cut I took at Albuquerque.   Lost track of Dragon's group after hwy 50.  Hard to tell who's who with so many bikes up there.

Glad you found gas Darth.  Both the other roads, not marked as dead ends, went off into gravel.  Knew I found the real Wentworth Springs rd when I saw about 40 bikes at the T and the sneaky hidden CHP cruisers down a ways.  Lots of open straights all the way down to Auburn.  Took an alternative route home and it turned out to be the right choice; dry roads.  After almost 400 miles in the saddle, got back in time to take the girlie to a show. 

Hope you guys had fun & missed anymore downpours.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

I was wondering what happened to everybody. Regina in the support truck was  only 5 minutes behind us. ( She had went back when we hit rain at the bug station. We had lost the sweeper and the red R6. ) She was coming right along. I went up the road a bit hoping to see the crew stopped some where.  Nothing. So we went on to the Georgetown cut off. Waited for about 30 minutes, Saw nobody but some squids.
We rode into Georgetown and ate at the Mexican Restaurant called Parras. We left about 2:30. Didn't see anyone we know so we just came on home.
I'll bring my business cards next time and make sure everyone has one. Maybe we can keep this sort of thing from happening again. Yeah Right.
I hope everyone made it home alright.  We'll see you on Saturday next week at Starbucks on McCarran so we can head to La Port.

Sorry if I made anyone mad. It was not my intentions :-*
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

n10sive

so that explains why we only saw what appeared to be stragglers when we were coming back on Sunday.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

GreenMachine

Who's mad?   Check this out.  It's a map, with waypoints, of our/my route Sunday.  Those goofnuts at Google have taken 360 degree pics all along our route, most notably direction #25, the T to the new Wentworth Springs road.  How cool is that?

I obviously have too much time on my hands, so I also put in other points of interest too:
#7, Shell gas station, one of many I could have used before we set out
#8, Starbucks morning meet up, which I missed because I was 20 minutes late
Waypoints G & H - the gravel road dead-ends, where some of us got lost (found Loon Lake, but didn't stop to take a pic because I was on a quest to find Darth a gas station
#47 Arco gas station, cheapest fresh non-rusty gas in the vacinity

On future rides I'll be bringing my GPS (charged this time :-[) and plan on building in the route beforehand along with one of these itineraries.  I've used them in the past to find food & gas primarily.  Combined with "pappa bear" Dragon's phone, we'll be able to join up with the pack, provided there's cell phone coverage.

This weekend was another exceptional experience.  Great pack, roads, and fun.    Looking forward to La Porte Saturday.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Hundo

Rode that La Porte rd on the 23rd........... that is the roughest rd , just tore up.

quote author=zx-9r link=topic=1226.msg13389#msg13389 date=1243957365]
Who's mad?   Check this out.  It's a map, with waypoints, of our/my route Sunday.  Those goofnuts at Google have taken 360 degree pics all along our route, most notably direction #25, the T to the new Wentworth Springs road.  How cool is that?

I obviously have too much time on my hands, so I also put in other points of interest too:
#7, Shell gas station, one of many I could have used before we set out
#8, Starbucks morning meet up, which I missed because I was 20 minutes late
Waypoints G & H - the gravel road dead-ends, where some of us got lost (found Loon Lake, but didn't stop to take a pic because I was on a quest to find Darth a gas station
#47 Arco gas station, cheapest fresh non-rusty gas in the vacinity

On future rides I'll be bringing my GPS (charged this time :-[) and plan on building in the route beforehand along with one of these itineraries.  I've used them in the past to find food & gas primarily.  Combined with "pappa bear" Dragon's phone, we'll be able to join up with the pack, provided there's cell phone coverage.

This weekend was another exceptional experience.  Great pack, roads, and fun.    Looking forward to La Porte Saturday.

[/quote]