Main Menu

Cops are out for revenue...ouch!

Started by Highlander, March 28, 2009, 10:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highlander

Your going to love this, coming home on Macarren, just after Plumb lane heading north, I get pulled over. I know I wasn't speeding so he comes up and I notice he is looking over the bike very intently hmmm. A side note I pulled the Akro label off my pipe when I got it. He now addresses me "Is that muffler the stock one that came with the bike" I answered "Yes sir" COP: "It sounds real loud for stock" Me:"The bike is totally stock sir I'm not sure what to tell you" COP: "It sounded excessive for a stock pipe, you do know above 82 db is illegal...blah blah blah" ME: "Didn't know the exact number sir it is possible the packing has blown out with use" COP:"Thats possible, I want you to get that checked and repaired, you have benn warned...blah blah blah" ME:"yes sir I appreciate your consideration, I will have the dealer check it" Man I'm I glad I didn't have that M4 pipe on it it's loud at idle, I'm really glad it wasn't a bike cop. Be careful out there they are revenue hunger it seems, what else can they go after? Turn signal sizes? Plate locations? Mirror size and location? I have called and told my hardly ableson riding buddies with straight pipes and custom parts. Man whats it going to be like in Kali this riding season. Sorry to ramble on...
I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity.
E.A.Poe

Mike Cullen

So you got pulled over for a loud pipe, got a warning, and your bitchin' about it?

yzinger

did you catch his name? wat agency? my bike is probably one of the loudest in town and i dont have probs. got pulled over on thurs actually. cop told me he doesnt care I was speed (85) but not to pass on the right. Just be careful everyone,  dont do anything stupid and you should be okay. revenue or not, there are boundaries. ride safe!!!

yzinger

haha, just read your post after I typed mine mike. Ya, why ya bitchin!!?? you got off!! hahahaha

Mike Cullen

I missed the point where the revenue came in? You didn't get a ticket.

Justin

Quote from: Highlander on March 28, 2009, 10:28:55 PM
what else can they go after? Turn signal sizes? Plate locations? Mirror size and location?
All of the above.
+1 on both of Mike C's replies.

Highlander

You know other than it was a Reno Patrol vehicle I'm drawing a blank on all else, he was on Plumb and I was coming down the hill heading north. I wasn't bitching...yes I was...no I wasn't... just surprised to have been stopped I was being good, really I was.

All right give me a break, I really have had a bad two weeks and am in a daze I guess, my oldest had a lump removed, my younger brother is just recovering from a stroke, my youngest was diagnosed with overy cancer, a very aggressive type. And has to get everything removed and under go chemo, my wife has under gone that as well so we know it's not a fun process and to top it off my wee pet (a ferral cat that adopted me) died early friday morning thats why I was heading up macarren coming back from the crematorium.

Come on I'm playing the pity card, I was really out of it when I got stopped maybe I did do something wrong but he couldn't prove it and nothing came across radio on me. Have a better day guys and girls
by the by your a very tough crowd.
E.A.Poe

Mike Cullen

bummer, hope things go better for you...

Highlander

Thanks Mike C
Times like these I glad I have my friends and my bike or I really might go mad. Of course to qoute Poe "...I, became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity..."
E.A.Poe

cobra23

Highlander hang in there..

It is a legitimate warining. Police dont enjoy giving ou tickets to reasonable people. So thats how you got a warning.

As far as your family, I wish you all the best. Tough crowd here but they all have good hearts.

Justin

Your hands are certainly full.  With all that going on, I'm surprised you weren't chased by police at 160mph.
I'm not going to get into all the details. . . but there are a few of us going through a ton of crap on this board. . . I share this with you so you'll know that at least you aren't alone.
Do your best,
Justin

Highlander

Justino, thanks for the slap in the face, I needed it, I'm not the type to blurt out my woes to the world I perfer to fight my dragons in private. I had little sleep and and so many things hit at once, I slipped up, sorry to broadcast it.  Hope this post did not bumm too many people out, oh by the way my bike can go 160 MPH, really? I'd never know that, truly I wouldn't, hope to see everyone out on the road be safe.
E.A.Poe

Team Gorgonzola

Don't apologize, you can vent anything you like on this board (no names of businesses or individuals please). We all have good days and bad days. I just got stopped last night at 10:30PM by RPD because on my way home I went by Bestbuy to recruit for our track day, some of those kids that hang out there on their bikes. No one was there, but I picked up a patrol that was monitoring the parking lot and finally got stopped on Arlington before the bridge. The officer said that those kids go race on the streets, stunt etc. I told him I was looking to get some of then on our SSA sponsored track day at RFR so we could show them some control skills and maybe prolong their life. He did not ticket me but warn me that if I was ever caught in their mist, I would get a couple of heavy tickets no matter what I was doing there. The officer was courteous and said he use to have a crotch rocket and got tickets all the time (I did not know that you could became a police officer even after a lot of speeding tickets  ???) I know I juiced the Duc a couple of times pulling the wheel of the ground (just a little) while he was back there, but he said he understood it's a"twin thang" and not to do it again. Overall a pleasant if not desired encounter. Thanks dude  ;)
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

D1NO

Damn Ducatis!!! Troublemakers I tell ya.. ;D

Adiggity