Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

SSA Instructor Feedback

Started by 2wcp, July 31, 2009, 03:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2wcp

Hey everyone, I just wanted to say that you for the opportunity to help out at the track day. I really enjoyed the weekend even with how hot it was. I hope I helped some of you out there, but what I would like you to do if you had any experience (good or bad) with one of the instructors is give us some feedback on your experience. If you have any advice or information and what helped, what we could have done better to help you. We just want to do the best job we can and any feedback is helpful.

Thank you,
Steve
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

XIII

Next time out, I'll have to go to you for some pointers.  ;D

2wcp

Quote from: KazeXIII on July 31, 2009, 03:37:19 PM
Next time out, I'll have to go to you for some pointers.  ;D
Wasn't it you claiming that you didn't see me out there?

2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

XIII

^Yup, but I didn't know the bike attached to the face! Besides, I had my first day filled with towing and the 2nd day for some actual riding. On top of that, you guys had enough to worry about for the weekend with all of the newbies and all.

Dragone

Right on.  Thanks Steve on some of the ride instruction.  T2 and T3 was a hit for me.  Thanks.  Getting stuffed into 9c was a wake up experience as well.

Rick Bay (BRA)

You guys are super!! Congratulations for each one of you instructors... :P
Also thanks very much for the helps.

JENX!!!

Im gonna hunt you down for some instructions on the 16th. ;D
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

Justin

Steve is on the white bike, occasionally carrying the passenger with the huge grin.
Jenx, you gotta get with Steve, or Eddie. . . you'll drop 3-5 seconds fo-sho

ellis44n

I got instructions for justin and another great rider (riding a newer blue and white gsxr sorry i missed his name) and it was very helpfull to get some new tips and have someone else tell me that my body position was good, coming from racing dirt bike for 15 years this has been my biggest problem, it was hard to learn to hang off, i never do this in the dirt. thanks ssa instructors

com3

Quote from: 2wcp on July 31, 2009, 03:27:37 PM
Hey everyone, I just wanted to say that you for the opportunity to help out at the track day. I really enjoyed the weekend even with how hot it was. I hope I helped some of you out there, but what I would like you to do if you had any experience (good or bad) with one of the instructors is give us some feedback on your experience. If you have any advice or information and what helped, what we could have done better to help you. We just want to do the best job we can and any feedback is helpful.

Thank you,
Steve

hey, next time, lemme at LEAST get one lap in to get some heat in the tires before we lean on each other through turns.  :P  hahahah!

XIII

Got some after lunch instruction from Steve yesterday. He followed me (2up at that.... :-\) for 3 laps and got some video (dying to see it!). The lesson was short and sweet: keep a straight line through the handle bar all the way to the elbow when turning. I applied it on my next session (slowly) and felt that the effects were very noticeable. I believe that I could use more of my front tire out there and this should do the trick. Now, to work on getting the body trained to remain in that position throughout the laps. :P Thanks again Steve. Next month, I'll have to get more laps with ya.

dearmash

If I had one comment for instructors, it is to make it clear that it isn't an SSA race school & the instructors aren't teaching some curriculum and is consistent across the board. 

Every instructor I talked to had different advice & different opinions that I picked & choose to help tune myself up.  Some things were easier to apply than others (around every turn).  Of course the more general advice (leaning in to turns, body down, "kiss the mirror") were all consistent, but specific body position, foot position, paths around the track, everyone had little quirks.

Otherwise, the instructors were knowledgeable, professional, & gave very good individualized attention / comments to us riders.

com3

That is kinda a part of riding. There are MANY "right ways" to do it. Look at top racers for example... Troy bayliss vs nori haga. Larry pengram vs Blake young. Et cetera.

Adiggity

Quote from: com3 on August 17, 2009, 02:09:40 PM
That is kinda a part of riding. There are MANY "right ways" to do it. Look at top racers for example... Troy bayliss vs nori haga. Larry pengram vs Blake young. Et cetera.
+1. You have to take what works for you and apply it. Some pieces of advise may not feel as comfortable to you as the next piece. What feels comfortable to you may not to the next guy. Some people hear things different than others. I would honestly prefer that you have differentiating views to get the message through to more people. Every school I've been to I get different "tips" from instructors. Some worked great, others didn't feel good to me at all. I think that is part of learning with anything.

Thanks for the feedback though dearmash.  8)

Justin

I guess it's like only getting news from one source.

The Buddha taught that anyone studying his teachings should take from it only what works for him/her and throw the rest away.  A non-dogmatic approach