Main Menu

Reno-Fernley Raceway (RFR) $75 trackdays 2/28 & 3/1

Started by Adiggity, February 16, 2009, 08:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adiggity

Here's your chance to support our local track, and it's a great price!! $75 per day. Come on out!  ;D

Rick Bay (BRA)

Wow! :o ! It's a very good deal but don't you think the track is going to be very cold? Is it not dangers? Seriously I'm afraid for cold asphalt..... Am I wrong? :-\

knucklehead

Quote from: Rick Tahoe on February 16, 2009, 09:55:31 PM
Wow! :o ! It’s a very good deal but don’t you think the track is going to be very cold? Is it not dangers? Seriously I’m afraid for cold asphalt….. I’m I wrong? :-\
It's actually not to bad. Yes, definitely less traction than a 90 deg day but you will be surprised. Just pay attention to what your tires are saying to you and it will be all good. I plan on being there, come talk to me and I'll explain some more. Besides, our bikes make great power down the front straight when it's cool.
When in doubt....

Adiggity

Quote from: Rick Tahoe on February 16, 2009, 09:55:31 PM
Wow! :o ! It's a very good deal but don't you think the track is going to be very cold? Is it not dangers? Seriously I'm afraid for cold asphalt..... I'm I wrong? :-\
Well technically, riding street bikes is dangerous.  :D  ;)

Another thing that was brought up on this issue which I think is interesting is that when it's cold outside you learn how to read your bike and tires when they start to loose grip. It's a good time to work on being smooth.

Don't be afraid, just respect it and you should be fine. I think you will be surprised at the grip you have even when the ambient temp is lower. You should give it a go. I've had some of my funnest trackdays when it's 50 degrees outside.

n10sive

we had trackdays this fall where the temp was only in the 30's. For the most part everyone was fine. You just have to be careful on your out lap and as Andy said, be smooth. Now...your hands and body temp are another story! :)
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Rick Bay (BRA)

Wow guys it sounds like interesting and very exciting. It's going to be a new experience for me. Thanks for all suggestions!
"Knucklehead" I appreciated that...For sure I'll look for you there for more details.
Andy I will be smooth because I confess I'm afraid it.
30's?? Oh my... What you mean "your hands and body temp are another story!??  Is it impossible to keep the body warm? Suggestions??

knucklehead

Real easy, for your hands just wear latex gloves under your riding gloves and long-jons under your leathers and you'll be fine. The excitment and adrenaline will take care of the rest! ;D
When in doubt....

yzinger

hey me and a couple friends are coming out one of the days that weekend, but I am afraid we are going to catch too much flak for not having the "track license." I have track experience out there and he still gives me ish, even after he sees I am okay! anyone going out that can help out with this "issue?" the other riders I am trying to bring will be track virgins, and I was going to lead them on slow laps so they can get a feel for lines, etc.

knucklehead

Hey yzinger, I feel your pain. Without sounding like an asshole, Danny does have a lot on his shoulders with safety and all. But on the smileyer side, I plan on being there myself and will gladly school your buddies and let Danny know all is well for the low low price of you guys having a good time. ( And staying safe) I'll be riding my 919 this weekend, come find me, I'll certify them (if they're worthy) and give you ALL track certs. Justin
When in doubt....

yzinger

Justin? didn't even realize this was you. I'm Jason, I took those pics of you back when you were on your cbr1000... you ordered like 12 of them. Ya, I know he has a lot going on, which is why I don't hold it against him in the slightest. If you are going to be out there then that would be PERFECT. I actually had a question for you on line selection ;-). I will talk to my buddies and figure out who is going to commit or not!

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: knucklehead on February 18, 2009, 05:44:01 AM
Real easy, for your hands just wear latex gloves under your riding gloves and long-jons under your leathers and you'll be fine. The excitment and adrenaline will take care of the rest! ;D
Thanks for all info.  :) I'm really exciting to go but I have this problem the Fernley website says "Competition license or RFR Track Permit required".   >:( I don't have that. What can I do?  ??? I thought it was a regular track day....  :(

yzinger

read the previous posts...we are discussing that. 8)

Rick Bay (BRA)

Definably I saw before but I did not understand very well. So, someone is going to see me on the track? I think I'm going to join your group of friends without license....may I? ;D

yzinger

jlavallee

Quote from: knucklehead on February 18, 2009, 08:19:44 PM
Hey yzinger, I feel your pain. Without sounding like an asshole, Danny does have a lot on his shoulders with safety and all. But on the smileyer side, I plan on being there myself and will gladly school your buddies and let Danny know all is well for the low low price of you guys having a good time. ( And staying safe) I'll be riding my 919 this weekend, come find me, I'll certify them (if they're worthy) and give you ALL track certs. Justin

Justin,

I just wrote Jeremy because I have a friend that is thinking of coming over from Salt Lake to ride the test and tune special with me next weekend. His question is if we would have the full/c type course or just the top with the cars on the bottom as sometimes happens. I know that he, much like myself HATES being stuck to the top so can you please let me know which it is so he can make plans?