Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Trackdays for 2009

Started by Oneup, December 10, 2008, 05:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oneup

I've been checking the websites and it seems a lot of the track day providers are putting up there new schedules.  I'm wondering if anybody has planned which days they will be doing for sure next year.

ZoomZoom and Keigwins are doing back to back days at the beginning of March in Buttonwillow.  It is a combined total of three days.  I did two of these last year with Allen and had a blast.  I'm hoping to do all three this year.

Miller is also June 13 and 14.  This is a weekend that all of us should try to attend.  Miller is by far the nicest track I've been to and it would be awesome to get a group like last years together to go to Utah.  The only problem is that it falls on an AFM weekend. 

So. . . . what's everyone thinking for next year?
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Adiggity

Jerome and I have signed up for a few trackdays with Keigwin. You can go to his site and enter whoevers' names you want in the search bar and if they have any trackdays reserved it will show you when and where.

Right here:
http://keigwin.com/events_schedule.php

Yard Sale

June 13 & 14 Miller K@TT
June 27 & 28 Fernley PTT
Aug. 1 & 2 Fernley PTT
Sep. 26 & 27 Fernley K@TT

Lance and Michael have dropped a few RFR dates. Maybe SSA can pick up the slack if Zoom Zoom doesn't?

Dandelion

Trackdays?  YES PLEASE!!  :)

No, I haven't figured out which days yet, that will depend on $$$ by the time the season starts.

A DRAGON

Finalizing ours next week. I have 5 dates already. I just want to make sure we're 100%. Possible 7 dates for us this year. I will meet with RFR on Next week. Will post up our dates then.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Yard Sale

What's the news? The soonest anybody else comes to RFR is May so an SSA trackday in April would be nice.

Rick Bay (BRA)

Hi everyone...

At the beginning of January I bought a Keigwins 5-pack ticket for this year.

Here are my days:

Apr 5    Thunderhill
May 19 Laguna Seca
Jun 14  Miller......I'm going with you Jerome..... ;D
Jul 13   Infineon
Aug 30 Buttonwillow

For Reno Fernley I'm going with SSA, of course!!! :P
Please, let me know who are going at these days too.

Adiggity

Right on Rick! You are only doing Sunday at Miller though?! For the trip, it'd be worth the 2 days man! Not 100% on my schedule this year, but I am planning on trying to make Miller for sure.

Rick Bay (BRA)

Well, Maybe I'll try to change for two days at Miller. I know it's a long drive.....
I'm gonna think about it...
Thanks for the suggestion.

Oneup

Miller is the same weekend as the first AFM Thunderhill race. 

Adiggity

Quote from: Oneup on January 27, 2009, 08:23:39 PM
Miller is the same weekend as the first AFM Thunderhill race. 
AFM is not looking good for me this year. I am not making it priority right now.  :(

Oneup

Quote from: Adiggity on January 28, 2009, 08:16:39 AM
AFM is not looking good for me this year. I am not making it priority right now.  :(

Why not?  Tired of racing?

A DRAGON

Rick. Please go Saturday and Sunday to Miller. The club is going to pick up the Garage Rental. I'm thinking of actually charging everyone $10.00 for the garage fee. Then put the money toward the food Bill. Then I actually get a commitment from people. I know though we will be using the Garage facilities at Miller.  ;D
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Yard Sale

AFM = Aint as Fun as Miller

Adiggity

Quote from: Oneup on January 28, 2009, 08:54:09 PM
  Why not?  Tired of racing?
:D  :D Yeah, I'm tired of having so much fun I can barely stand it. And tired of hanging out with some of the coolest peeps I've ever met. It's more like my check account is tired of being overdrawn! At some point you have to stop the bleeding.  :D