Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

RFR Track days and test/tune

Started by jlavallee, October 17, 2008, 03:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D1NO

Quote from: A DRAGON on October 18, 2008, 09:08:31 PM
Hey Dino How's that drug I gave you? 

My Mommy told me not to associate with people like you...  :(

Hey Jason... can't do this weekend.. gotta work and don't know if i'll get off early Sunday.

jlavallee

Well, hopefully something will work out. I guess I'll go next Sat the 25th for test n tune.

Man, we gotta get these Harleys out too.

Rusty491

Cascade was cool, we ran the C config but backwards and yes it was just open track all day execpt for a 1 hour lunch. It was a good time. I liked running it backwards its just got some blind corners you have to get used to.
2001 AFM #891 96 GSXR 750
2001 WSMC #891 96 GSXR 750
2002 AFM #891 96 GSXR 750
2003 AFM #491 02 GSXR 750
2004 AFM #491 02 GSXR 750
2008 Ducati 1098s for fun =]

jlavallee

It looks like I will have to head out of town now on Monday the 27th so that screws that track day.  >:(

Any chance anyone here can make Sat the 25th? The weather looks like it'll be perfect and hey $110 to play on track all afternoon...

jlavallee

There was one Porsche and two bikes there including me. Great weather and all the track time you could handle. Why more folks don't take part in these is beyond me.

Rusty491

Would have been great if I dident have to work all day  >:(
2001 AFM #891 96 GSXR 750
2001 WSMC #891 96 GSXR 750
2002 AFM #891 96 GSXR 750
2003 AFM #491 02 GSXR 750
2004 AFM #491 02 GSXR 750
2008 Ducati 1098s for fun =]

n10sive

do they have corner workers or an ambulance available on test and tune days? Just curious....
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

weavefish

Quote from: n10sive on October 26, 2008, 08:18:47 AM
do they have corner workers or an ambulance available on test and tune days? Just curious....

no
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

n10sive

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

weavefish

It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

jlavallee

There is a gal named Denise who is usually there during T&T that is an EMT but she's not always there. Her husband/boyfriend runs a BMW car so if he's there she is for sure but either way you've got the FD just down the road and there is an emergency clinic in Fernley so it's still much better than doing it on the road. God forbid you have a serious accident, someone will know right away and have an ambulance there pretty quick. On the road, besides it being much more likely to get hurt if you fall, it's surely going to take longer for response.

I think Alberto and D1NO are out at RFR today but I have to head to Elko for work.  >:(

Have fun guys!

D1NO

Great day.. Great weather!!! Thanks again Alberto for keeping me company and showing me some new tricks  ;D
Jason, wish you would have made it. Thanks Danny for keeping a watchful eye on us. The only thing, its kind of freaky being the only ones at the track... or is it just me  ::)

Team Gorgonzola

Had a great day, Dino you are rolling out there :o :o Thanks Ania for buying me lunch, you are funny girl :D It was great fun an I had to work hard just to stay with Dino. We ran the "C" config. backwards a few laps....that was funky.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

cobra23

I was there on Sunday, come to think of it, about the same time as the meeting, sorry Alberto. Danny called and said there was only two bikes and one car there. I could not resist.

About 3PM, the car left, so two of us had the whole track. I think the test and tune days are good, but I have little track time to compare it too, you just want to make sure you do not ride over your head. The Fire dept is only about five minutes away, and Danny is real safety concious. He watches, cruises aroound the perimeter on the Mule.

So from 1:00 pm to 5 pm, we put 110 miles on the bikes all on the track, perfect weather, perfect day. Danny said this time of year it is always slow, good time to ambush the track with just SSA riders.

jlavallee

Wish I could of made it to play with you guys but I had to go on the road again.

Maybe we could get a few of us together to play some upcoming weekend. I think $100 T&T days will probably start soon and it's always more fun with a few people to ride with.