Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

RFR Track days and test/tune

Started by jlavallee, October 17, 2008, 03:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlavallee

Guys, I've been out of the country most of the summer and just bought a house so I've not done any riding this year other than 1 test/tune day in July. Now that I am home a little more I was wondering if anyone was doing the track days this weekend or test and tune days on the following weekends? It's always more fun if there are others to hang out with.

Anybody attending anything? I finally got the R6 painted and I'm itching to get it out.

[attachment deleted by admin]

JENX!!!

Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

jlavallee

Thanks, the decals just came in tonight so here she is all dressed.

So guys, anyone doing a track session?

[attachment deleted by admin]

n10sive

Didn't know Cascade Tracktime was there this weekend...but looking at it...a little spendy :(

Anyone done a trackday with these guys?
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

jlavallee

I haven't but I called and the guy said only 30 people are signed up. I was thinking of doing a test and tune afternoon next weekend unless someone is going to Cascade. To be honest, afternoon 1-5:30 for tnt is about all I want to ride without being too beat and it's only $110 per afternoon.

n10sive

so he wants $179 for the day, or $110 for the afternoon eh? hmmmm
can't do saturday...and if I get some work done tonight I 'might' be able to swing sunday afternoon....

jlavallee

No, sorry if I wasn't clear but $110 is the afternoon price for the test and tune dates the next few weekends after this one.

Cascade is $179 but I was told because of how few people they have that they're going to run open session so you can ride all you want. 

n10sive

ah. Thanks for clarifying. Open sessions all day? That will be interesting.....

D1NO

So when do you guys plan on doing the test n tune?? I see they're doing Mondays too.. can probably swing next Sunday the 26th..

D1NO

jlavallee

I was thinking next Saturday. Sundays always suck for me but if you're doing Sunday then I'd probably change my plans. I'll look at the weather too.

The DX is good but I've not gotten any miles on any of the bikes this year because of work travel and buying a house. Hell, I am now too broke to afford gas. ::)

How is your DX? How many miles have you got in now?

D1NO

I suppose you cant do Mondays either?? If not, next Sunday should be good.. will give you a definite answer by tomorrow..
Same here.. the DX is good but only got 1000 miles on her ::)... I know... too many projects and Jerome got me addicted on these trackdays ;D ;D

jlavallee

Usually I am lucky to have my Saturday's off as a 60hr week is normal unfortunately. I can check on Monday but it's doubtful.

I believe I have 2600 on my DX so don't feel bad. 2300 of that was last year.

A DRAGON

Hey Dino How's that drug I gave you? 
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

jlavallee

This Monday ain't going to happen but next weekend should be good.