Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Parade Lap

Started by mike72, September 23, 2008, 12:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike72

Will  A DRAGON  be leading a Parade Lap on Oct. 5th?

weavefish

It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

A DRAGON

I'm not sure I'll be leading a parade lap. But we will have one for all those who come out to watch. They just need a helmet and a valid drivers liscense. 

Justino came up with it. It's called taste of the track. ;)
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

trent

Hey A Donkey... I mean A Dragon.... ;D How does this work? My girlfriend has been dying to do a lap with me.
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

JENX!!!

its preety much a SLOW sighting lap....just to get people that have never been on the track a looksy.......
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

trent

Thats cool . At least she would be able to see what the back side of the track looks like. I would have to bring my street bike so she could go around with me (track bike dont have a back seat) Would I have to do all the tech stuff to that one just to do this sighting lap?
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

JENX!!!

No tech required....Street bikes are welcome!!!....last Keigwins, they had 2 cruisers on there. ;D
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

cobra23

Taste of the track, thats a good one...

WMRRA (Washington Motorcycle Road Racing Association) would do a "parade Lap" about every other race weekend during lunch,  the racers called it "Taste of Pavement" implied meaning ...well .......face first into the pavement.

It was a great way to get more riders interested in track time, it is good idea....long as no rider actually "tastes the pavement". Never saw one crash during those rides. They were pretty well supervised.

Justin

I think it should occur at lunch time when the track goes cold.
You'll get more people to show if they don't have to wake up super early.
It should be for them ONLY.  They should register by 1130 and be matched up with a guide at that time. each guide should do a super simple tech inspection.  rubber is on the rim, brake lever works, no fluid leaks.
In my head they follow for 20 minutes with NO PASSING the guide. 
Make it really fun for people. 
Having  'addigity'  type of guide would be best, the kind with nothing to prove.

MotoPutz

What equipment is nessasary? gloves, helmet, jacket, jeans?

yzinger

+ 1. what gear would be required? my GF would love to take a looksy on the back on my bike.

weavefish

Quote from: A DRAGON on September 24, 2008, 03:05:42 PM
They just need a helmet and a valid drivers liscense. 

pretty much it.
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Adiggity

This is a cool idea. I would also add that not only should they not be passing the guide but no passing each other. You don't want people out there trying to dice it up.....not that anybody who rides a streetbike would do anything like that but I'm just sayin.....  ;)

A DRAGON

Requirements are A helmet and a valid Drivers License. No Tech because they probably rode the bike there anyway. Passengers are welcome.
You can ride 2 up in the C group if you want to take your wife or girlfriend out there to. But they are subject to the same requirements of riding gear that you are. Full face helmet, 1 or 2 piece leather or equivalent riding suit and Over the ankle boots. Race boots are suggested but not required.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

MotoPutz