Main Menu

SSA Tack Day Oct 5th. Archived Post

Started by Admin CATZ, September 04, 2008, 10:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CBR Dave

Glad your ok.  Just chalk it up to a learning experience.  At least you were finding your limits, you could have been the dummy that went down on cold tires. ;D

n10sive

You need to stop being so hard on yourself too Dave...shit happens...to ALL of us  ;)

For what it's worth...your one of the nicest people on the track...you have plenty of good karma in the bank so your allowed to make a mistake and not have to feel bad about it :)
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

weavefish

It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

n10sive

so what do people think of using the SSA pull at RFR to ask RFR to improve the infield on the inside of turns 1, 2, 3 and 4? My first trackday experience was last october and I witnessed a guy going off 1-a into the same area as MtmTriumph (in a straight line from 1-a to 3). He was lucky in that he did not hit the ditch but he ran over a lot of rock.

I went off at 1 on my very fist track day this year and luckily on the outside they had cleared off a path for exactly that reason. It was smooth sailing through the dirt for me and I did not go down and popped out at 1-b (I was told that this was an improvement made last year). But I would not have wanted to go off on the inside like what happened this weekend.

That part of the track needs some serious grooming and improvement of the run-off area. The ditch and the rocks need to GO! Anyone missing turn 1-b is going to suffer the same fate as what happened this weekend in my opinion. I also don't know if the part of the track is the way it is due to the MotoX guys but it is a pretty dangerous part of the track to go off on due to the speeds at the end of the straight.

Just my opinion...but it would be nice if we (motorcycles) could get that part of the infield made to be a little friendlier to guys trying to motocross their street bikes at 100+mph.

CBR Dave

Thanks guys.  Im glad I walked away from that one.  The wife made me go to the hospital when I got home, man what a long night.  Ended up with some stitches on my arm,a fractured elbow, sprained wrist and a crazy bruise on my tail bone. All in all not to bad.  The bike seemed to take the most damage.  Thank god it happened at the end of the season. ;D

A DRAGON

Happy to hear you went to get checked out Dave. I wish I could say something good about your get off on turn 1. I'm just happy your OK. I kinda like having you around.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

MotoPutz

I'm definitely glad everyone who went down are ok. Best of luck on a quick recovery and hope to see you all out there again soon.

com3

Quote from: CBR Dave on October 06, 2008, 09:57:14 PM
Thanks guys.  Im glad I walked away from that one.  The wife made me go to the hospital when I got home, man what a long night.  Ended up with some stitches on my arm,a fractured elbow, sprained wrist and a crazy bruise on my tail bone. All in all not to bad.  The bike seemed to take the most damage.  Thank god it happened at the end of the season. ;D

haha! you dummy!  glad you listened to the woman...they ARE always right, you know!   :P 

glad it wasn't worse, brotherman.  highsides suck...  at least you got your first crash outta the way!

CBR Dave

haha! you dummy!  glad you listened to the woman...they ARE always right, you know!

Yea she was a little pissed that I didn't go right after it happened, and to top it off she called me that day around lunch time and asked if I was having fun, and I told her I was having a great time. ;D

I wish you could have gotten some pics of the get off, so I could hang them on the wall of shame. :D

n10sive

Quote from: CBR Dave on October 08, 2008, 04:17:24 PM
I wish you could have gotten some pics of the get off, so I could hang them on the wall of shame. :D

Here...just pretend LOL

Yard Sale

We don't need pics; we were reminded each lap by the new gouges in the track.

MnMTriumph

Quote from: n10sive on October 08, 2008, 04:24:28 PM

Here...just pretend LOL

I think that may have been more my get off

weavefish

It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Mike Cullen

Get a tractor out there to smooth that area out with some real deep sand (so you don't run across into oncoming bikes). It's just a matter of time till all the runoff areas are fixed up. Glad to hear you're OK.

CBR Dave

Quote from: n10sive on October 08, 2008, 04:24:28 PM

Here...just pretend LOL

From my perspective that looks pretty accurate. :D