Main Menu

Thunderhill May 26, Memorial Day

Started by dub, May 19, 2014, 12:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub

Who needs another dose of Thunderhill?

Join us on Memorial Day, May 26th at Thunderhill Raceway! Come together to honor those who gave their all.

20% Military discounts are available by emailing RideWithPrecision@gmail.com.
Thank you for your service.

Precision Trackdays
Ride with Precision.

www.PrecisionTrackdays.com

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

If I didn't have to worry about myself getting a little too excited, I'd go again.  As it is, I'm satisfied with my performance, the fun and what I learned last time.  There's certainly room for improvement, but I only have myself to prove something to.  Think I'll leave learning about pushing sticky tires, my next branch of education, for another time.

I know Rocket's CBR engine is toast and he's saving up for a house, so he's probably out.

I haven't heard from DR since his radiator leak caused his big accident.

RenoRider hasn't been too active on here since Easter, so not sure what he's been up to. 

TB5's just getting his CBR back together.  Unclear when it'll be ready to roll.  He's doubtful.

All would be ideal candidates for getting their speed fix. 

Keep bumping and we'll find out.  I'd encourage those on the fence to take advantage of the opportunity.  Dub's an excellent instructor, whether he's there to instruct or not.  He's given me a bunch of pointers about my riding that have improved how I ride and my comfort level.

I say, go for it!

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dr1150

After being Touched by an Angel while riding on Easter Sunday, I decided to sell my motorcycles and move on to something new like hang gliding off Slide Mountain. It has been both a privilege and a pleasure riding with all of you these past years.  Hopefully, we can stay in touch and hang out some time. 
DR1150
"You start the game of life with a full pot o' luck and an empty pot
o' experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you
empty the pot of luck."

GreenMachine

It won't be the same without you DR.  :'(  You're like an institution on SSA, the dependable ride forever kind of person that everyone loves hanging around and riding with.

I'm hoping this is a joke of some kind, but completely understand your motivation.  On the bright side, think about it, no more cheap motel stays. That's gotta be a plus!

It was awesome riding with you DR.  Hope we can ride again together some day or catch up on your hang-gliding adventures.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

What about dirt riding?  TB5, Dub, KKM and a bunch of us are all doing it.  What else are you going to do in the Winter?  Too cold to hang-glide then.  We ride slower than slow on the dirt too, or I do anyway.

Lots of time before Winter rolls around again.  Think about it.  You know you're always welcome.

dub

Don't do it!

At least keep the GS for a Sunday cruise now and again.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019