Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Thill in April

Started by RocketRider, February 23, 2014, 08:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub

Also, for the record, I can transport bikes. But that's not very helpful seeing as how you would first have to transport it 1.5 hours out of the way to get it to me.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Get a 1970s bike with skinny tires and crap for suspension.  That ought to make you nervous again.   :P

DR and I are confirmed in Willows for Saturday night.  We're going to split the cost.  If one of you that we know wants to split the cost a third way and can sleep on the floor with an (your) air mattress & sleeping bag, we'll cut you a deal: $24 or three pitchers of beer (j/k). Non-Smoking Room with free continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi, refrigerator and microwave.  I'll have my little dog with us too, but he won't be a problem.  Except he does snore, lightly.

We're driving separately, since he has to return Monday evening.  He has the logistical plan all mapped out in his head, since he's been there before and knows what to expect.

Dub, I have your cell number (ends in 27).  I'll text you the day of to let you know we arrived and what our plans are.  I may not see you before then, so we can PM each other or spell out on here what our plans become as details become available.

RR75, if you can PM me your cell number we can keep the whole group together or not.  Your preference.  Just throwing it out there.  I have Rocket's number.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RocketRider

My spots are now also technically taken. Gonna go to Redding with the wife saturday to hang out with family then hit Thill on Sunday, so we'll meet up there.

Anyone know the pits well enough to suggest somewhere to make camp so we can all meet up?
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

GreenMachine

Look for my truck.  If you're camping overnight, that'll give me piece of mind having everything sitting there.  Supposedly, we're looking for one of the covered areas.

Are you bringing your dog too?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

I'll be camping overnight.

The paddock is huge and it's all paved; it wont be a problem to find enough room for everyone to pit together. There are two big covered areas, those will fill up first.

RocketRider

Quote from: GreenMachine on March 30, 2014, 06:23:57 PM
Look for my truck.  If you're camping overnight, that'll give me piece of mind having everything sitting there.  Supposedly, we're looking for one of the covered areas.

Are you bringing your dog too?

I'll be in REDDING. Man you don't read haha. Pup will likely come. If you make camp before the rest of us get there try to stake off enough room for the group!
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

GreenMachine

Awesome, Dub will be our night watchman.  I'll have to bring you breakfast from the motel DR and I will staying at.

Bike prep: same as RFR?  I'm using 2 y.o. anti-freeze and water.  Is that acceptable?

dub

dr1150

"You start the game of life with a full pot o' luck and an empty pot
o' experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you
empty the pot of luck."

GreenMachine

Quote from: dub on April 02, 2014, 04:16:37 PM
Same as RFR, yes.
That's good news!  One less "gotcha" I have to worry about.  Thanks Dub!

GreenMachine

It sounds like most everyone is sticking around the local region for Sunday evening?  Is there a possibility of camping on Sunday night there too?  I know DR will be going on to Sac, RR & RR75 to Chico or other areas.

I was going to drive home that night, but if someone is staying there at the track, if that's even possible, I might end up joining them.  That is, if they don't mind the company.  Would be cool to walk the track, which I think they allow under certain circumstances.

dub

I doubt anyone else will be camping in the paddock on Sunday night. Except for maybe the people from the next event on Monday.

RenoRider75

We'll be in Willows on Saturday, so meeting up somewhere for dinner and/or a drink would be great.  I'm prepping the bike late next week (so I can ride it around town earlier in the week).  :)  On Sunday, depending on what time everything wraps up we'll either be driving home or hanging out for one more night.  We're pretty much playing it all by ear at the moment.

dub

Everything will wrap up at 5. They usually request every one clear out of the paddock by 6 so the next day's group can start arriving.

RedLeader

There is a Mexican restaurant in town that is decent. Ive stopped by there several times previously on my way out of town.
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka