Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Thill in April

Started by RocketRider, February 23, 2014, 08:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RocketRider

There's a Thill day April 20th and I say we plan an SSA outting! Weather will be gorgeous by then. I can take at least myself and a spare bike but not sure about the spare person and gear....trailer and two bikes is probably already going to put me over my tow rating (but not hitch rating) by like 200lbs but I'm sure the Camaro can handle it.
Who's in? Invite friends, let's make this a fun day filled with speed!
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RocketRider

Dub, do they offer group rates? Trying to convince some of my old riding group to join up.
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Tahoebrian5

If I have a bike by then I'm there. I wonder if the new west track will be open?
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

dub

Quote from: RocketRider on February 23, 2014, 10:14:53 AM
Dub, do they offer group rates? Trying to convince some of my old riding group to join up.

I'm not sure; you should contact them and ask.

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on February 23, 2014, 02:31:07 PM
If I have a bike by then I'm there. I wonder if the new west track will be open?

I don't think so. I'm not sure when it actually opens, but I think the first motorcycle trackday is in mid June with Z2 on the full track, which I'm thinking of going to.

RocketRider

Assuming Brian and GM are in, I've got 5ppl (us plus 2 from my old riding group so far). I figure if I can get a total of 10 I'll contact precision to see if they can do anything for us. Tell friends and post interest!
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

RedLeader

RocketRider: If its the same as last year, If you bought a 4 pass (or multiples of that) it was basically 4 tickets that you could use however you wanted (4 for you, 2 for you/2 for a friend...) and you could use them whenever you wanted. Email them at RideWithPrecision@gmail.com or on their Facebook page to verify. They are cool guys and I'm sure he can get you a good deal.
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

RocketRider

Noted thanks RedLeader! Any interest in joining us? :D. We've obviously got the pre-req four you mentioned but the more the merrier!
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

dub

Oh yeah, duh, I forgot you could use the 4 packs like that. Find 3 more people and buy two 4 packs for $131 per person. Not bad considering the 4/20 day is normally $180.

RedLeader

Quote from: RocketRider on February 24, 2014, 08:53:35 PM
Noted thanks RedLeader! Any interest in joining us? :D. We've obviously got the pre-req four you mentioned but the more the merrier!

RocketRider, Thanks for the offer, but I'm actually a coach for Precision. Pending my work gives me the days off, I should be out there on my SV having fun with everyone else. We will have to turn some laps together though!
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

RocketRider

Quote from: RedLeader on February 24, 2014, 10:53:20 PM
RocketRider, Thanks for the offer, but I'm actually a coach for Precision. Pending my work gives me the days off, I should be out there on my SV having fun with everyone else. We will have to turn some laps together though!

DERP. Hope to see you out there :)
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

dub

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on February 23, 2014, 02:31:07 PMI wonder if the new west track will be open?

This was in the latest Thunderhill Newsletter:

QuoteOfficial Grand Opening - Thunderhill West
June 20-21-22 – A new road course to open in California for all to use. The event will be held on the Five Miles of Thunderhill! Racers from all over the country are expected to attend and enjoy the historic event.

Prior to the "official grand opening" drivers and riders will have a chance to "test" on the new 2-mile course on Weekends in May leading up to special events with the SFR/SCCA being the "first automobile race in the new 5-mile course" !

Loyal customers will have first choice on the new track and the use of the 5-mile based on dates that they have in place on the current 3 miles of Adrenalin. If these customers elect not to use the 5 mile or run the new track as a separate but equal venue on their currently booked days, West will be offered on a first come first serve basis.

Let us know if you might be interested by calling Shannon Ell on 530 934-5588 ext 103 and sign up for the "Interested and waiting list where, again, it will be first come who are given the booking opportunity in the new two miles of WEST.

The grand opening event on June 20-22 is an SCCA race. The weekends in May eluded to for testing are car events. So as near as I can tell the first opportunity for motorcycles to ride is still the Z2 event on the full track June 14/15.

Tahoebrian5

Damn, I'm getting married on June 21st. That might be a bit close but my wheels are turning

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

dub

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on February 27, 2014, 08:12:55 AM
Damn, I'm getting married on June 21st. That might be a bit close but my wheels are turning

Bachelor party at the race track?

I rode dirtbikes with KKM on Sunday and he said he had his eye on that weekend. I'm thinking about it pretty seriously. It's $450 for both days; not bad for the full track.

Tahoebrian5

Ya, its going to be epic!! Like having a closer miller. Bach party at the track sounds perfect. Ill take sexy bikes over strippers any day