Main Menu

Precision Track Day @ RFR June 8-9

Started by RocketRider, May 09, 2013, 10:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RocketRider

Anyone going? I am seriously debating going (prefer Saturday I think) and want to see if I might be able to mooch a ride with a stranger  ;D
I can share gas moneys, make you lunch, pay your track entry fee (not the actual day sorry  :P), give you a massage, wash your car, give you a hug or any combination of these or others :D. Let me know!
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

dub

I'll be there.  But I come from the opposite direction.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RocketRider

Opposite direction of what? Coming from the east?
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

dub

The opposite direction of you.  From the South.

RocketRider

Confused cuz I thought Reno was south...south west I guess. Either way hope to see you there! If you run B group you might see me!...maybe A group if I get comfortable by mid day.
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

dub

You go East on 80 then South on 95.  I go East on 50 then North on 95.

KKM

Looks like it will be a very nice weekend. The weather will be perfect. See you guys this weekend.
Kevin
2009 Aprilia RSV1000R
2012 KTM990R ADV
2013 KTM 500XCW

Tahoebrian5

I'll be there this weekend (the 18th). Still debating on Sunday.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Tahoebrian5

Where do you guys typically pit at? We SSA'rs gotta stick together!

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

RocketRider

Had to back out of this particular day due to compounding bike issues  :'(

The rectifier blowing was survivable...blowing a fork seal and killing the battery not as much. $$$

I'll see (some of) you guys on the street til I can rebuild to an appropriate track level again. Perhaps I'll just do the "track day" for the Aug. event?
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

GreenMachine

Cash tight eh?  In the past, I've taken my fork tube over to Rich's at Motosource.  Super fast, friendly and he supports the SSA, in that if you tell him you're a member, he'll give you a discount on top off all that great service!  856-3855.

Now you'll have your bike back in shape for the track day, in case you knock over a 7/11.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RocketRider

Quote from: GreenMachine on May 20, 2013, 03:35:18 PM
Cash tight eh?  In the past, I've taken my fork tube over to Rich's at Motosource.  Super fast, friendly and he supports the SSA, in that if you tell him you're a member, he'll give you a discount on top off all that great service!  856-3855.

Now you'll have your bike back in shape for the track day, in case you knock over a 7/11.
Tight isnt quite the right word...but the wife might get mad if I rack up too large of a bill for my "toys"  :P
Ride hard and safe all that are going, now to find me a 7/11...
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Justino

FYI
There's a limited promotion going on for the June 8-9 weekend.
Add both days to your cart and get an immediate discount at checkout.
Just $130/day when you register for both Sat and Sunday.
Riding on the street is a lot like living with your parents.

Tahoebrian5

It looks like I'm going to be able to make at least one day.. trying for both but waiting to see how work pans out. I'm looking to get turn 1 dialed in as well as 23?.. Whichever is the last turn before the straight. Those were my weak points last time. I think just finding a good breaking point will help.. I get scared pulling full throttle past the tower and find myself rolling off the throttle and just coasting for a bit. Any tips from the A group veterans?

NevadaWolf

I'm going! Just puddling along in C group though. I like my dinky speed. :-)