Main Menu

Michelin PR rear tire wear at Reno-Fernley Raceway

Started by Yard Sale, September 23, 2008, 04:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yard Sale

What kind of longevity are you getting out of your Michelin PR rear tires at RFR?

I first had a PR-5 race take-off on my 600F4i and it didn't last very long.

I put a new PR-E on my GSXR600 and it survived a long weekend at Miller looking like it was scrubbed in for two laps. Then I took it to RFR and after the second session it was clearly wearing much too quickly. By the end of the last session on Sunday the left side tread was no longer visible.

Basically, I wore out a like-new tire in about 365 miles.

At Miller I ran 23 psi. At RFR I started at 22, then 23, then 24.

johnzee

I have gotten 4 trackdays at RFR with my pr-5's with the rear at 25psi running a fast B slower A group pace. The tread is just above the wear bars so maybe one more day left??

Yard Sale

They keep on sticking past the wear bars, past when the side tread is gone. I just don't think they'll pass tech with no tread on the left side.

A DRAGON

Yard sale boy. Remember if you start to go faster you will wear out tyres much faster. If you don't want to wear out tyres slow down. I comes with the pace.

My SV was pretty hard on it's new rear to. It used to last 1/2 a season but I don't think so anymore. Around 4 days max. When it gets pass the wear bar she's coming off.  Unless i have a few more sessions then I'll let it stay.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Yard Sale

I'm calling SPL and getting another S1847C slick. I put one on my F4i and it was wearing well. I think the RFR surface is kind to that slick rear and hard on the PR rear.

Faster is relative. I'm still ten seconds a lap slower than Jay and Zoran. Maybe I should use a street tire. :(