Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Thunderhill Tire Wear

Started by onceayear, August 17, 2009, 09:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onceayear

In spite of optimal bike set up and Pirelli medium compound superbike tires, I am using 3/4 of a tire per day at Thunderhill. Are others experiencing the same degree of wear? Thanks. Tom

Mike

What group are you riding in? what are your approxmint lap times? What was the weather like temp wise? Also what PSI F/R Hot or Cold?

Track It!.

Member of the SSA since 1996

Adiggity

Thill has been hard on tires since the repave last year. Typical from what I am told about repaves. I used the SC3 (hard) rear there and got very good wear. No different than "normal". Everyone I talked to that used the SC2 (med) said the same thing you said.

A DRAGON

I just solidified that call for me to. It happened the last time I was at T-Hill. Dave Moss tried to dial it out. We got out most of it. It still wore the SC-2 pretty badly.  I think the word on the street is Pirelli SC-2's are just to soft for that track. If you have to run Pirelli's run the SC-3 on the rear and SC-2's on the front.  For us Track Day junkies I think I'm going to run the SC-3 all the time.

I was also getting the same thing at Laguna Seca on last Friday. If it's a horse power track I don't think the SC-2 will work. Their plenty of sticky though. Those horse power Tracks just generate to much heat for that Compound.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750