Main Menu

Fake club members

Started by Team Gorgonzola, December 01, 2008, 09:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stimacsays

Quote from: Catz on December 03, 2008, 11:51:27 PM
I'm having a hard time finding a way to sort the people who have not been active for a certain period. I'll keep looking. That's my first choice but it might just be I delete those who haven't posted and signed up more than 30 days ago. Or however long you guys decide on. Then you can also give me the names of the people left you think are fake.
Hi all. I am logging in, posting up, and giving you my latest photo of my bike. Sorry, I have just been lurking as of late. Please don't delete me!

Candice looks good in her new leathers, eah?

Candice looks good in her new leathers, eah?

Adiggity

Quote from: stimacsays on December 10, 2008, 09:39:32 PM
Hi all. I am logging in, posting up, and giving you my latest photo of my bike. Sorry, I have just been lurking as of late. Please don't delete me!
Don't worry, we won't delete you. It is usually pretty obvious which ones are fake and which ones actually use the site. I will say for those of you who don't have this info in your profile, filling out the info on where you are from and at least putting ONE post up, even if it is just a reply in the welcome thread, that really helps to weed out the spammers. You should have received an email stating that if for some reason you are accidentally removed to please forgive us. There are A LOT of fake accounts and mistakes can happen. If it does, please accept our appologies in advance.

We are through all the "fake members" that started with A, or a number. We will be going in alphabetical order to delete accounts. If there are any members that any of you think look suspicious that we missed, please report them to me or Catz. Thanks.

Andy

Adiggity

Ok, we have now made it through all of the members and deleted the accounts that seemed to be bogus. We deleted something like 12 pages or more!!! If any of you notice any of you see any members that look questionable, please report them to Catz or myself and we will look into it. Thanks for your patience and your help.  :)

Andy