Main Menu

Roll Call - First SSA Group Ride for 2011 - Markleeville - Sunday 05/01/11

Started by GreenMachine, April 25, 2011, 03:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Thanks Shep for the update.  Bigcat and I ran over to Downieville today for pizza.  They had some.   ;D

Barring a lot of fallen rocks on the road, the surface just had a fine layer of silt.  Saw one deer, but Bambi didn't want anything to do with us.  The weather was calm and warm.  He and I sat out on this patio for the better part of two hours, talking it up with the owner, a top speed guy with a ZX-14 and watching a fly fisherman's fruitless attempts to catch a trout.    We were in no rush at any point.  Started late.  Bathed in some warm sunshine, then ran over to Cat's to talk motors.  What a great day!

See you guys for more tomorrow morning around 8:45 AM for the Reno crew. 9:45 - 10:00 AM for those who want to start later and join up in Carson City.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

oldBolt

This still starts at Starbucks on N. McCarran Blvd  for reno?
"I have inhaled, exhaled everything." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

GreenMachine

Quote from: oldBolt on April 30, 2011, 08:23:11 PM
This still starts at Starbucks on N. McCarran Blvd  for reno?
Nope, south route. 

Reno early birds can join us at the Huffaker/S. Virginia St. Chevron ~8:45AM for the long way down to CC.  If you miss us there, our official start is ~9:45-10:00AM at the CC Topsy Lane Starbucks.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

oldBolt

"I have inhaled, exhaled everything." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

nvgixxer

I'll probably run into you guys in Markleville. Gotta take the little lady to Costco shopping, therefore I'll be getting a late start (I live in CC). I hope that the Diamond Valley loop road is clear, haven't attempted that one yet this season. I did assault the truck route this past Wednesday......ALL CLEAR up there, no remaining sand!!  :)
Too bad Bigcat isn't going on this one, we had some great rides together last year.   
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

GreenMachine

FriskyCat told me yesterday he's taking his lady for a ride two-up and doesn't want us sportriders slowing him up.

GreenMachine

;D :angel

What a great bunch of little angels out riding today!  :evil1  Not one rule broken, everyone rode skillfully, there were no incidents with sand, we ran into Jolie in Markleeville and took an extra excursion over Monitor Pass, which is now open.  Now I wished I had taken a picture from on top of Monitor.  There were a couple sections where the snow looked to be 15' above the roadway, but on the saddleback it was only about 1' to 3.'

Great riding with all the new faces and seeing DR1150 out riding again.  Here are the few pics I captured from the SSA season kick-off SSA ride:

Hope to see you all again on future rides!

nvgixxer

I hit Markleville around 12 noon and was the only sports bike there. Beautiful afternoon, for sure. I hung around for a while and then left for home, via Diamond Valley Road. I'm way too anal about keeping the busa clean, therefore probably won't do Monitor until the entire 18 miles is clean of run-off. YIKES!!  :|)   
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

CptnHornblower

I just wish I'd have taken the shot from the rear when Jolie turned around. Her place would have been infested with bikers all summer ;) Good job Greenie, invigorating, but safe. Thanks.
Earnest Hemingway : There are only 3 sports, Bullfighting, Motor Racing and Mountain climbing. All the rest are games.

GreenMachine

Quote from: nvgixxer on May 01, 2011, 04:57:16 PM
I hit Markleville around 12 noon and was the only sports bike there. Beautiful afternoon, for sure. I hung around for a while and then left for home, via Diamond Valley Road. I'm way too anal about keeping the busa clean, therefore probably won't do Monitor until the entire 18 miles is clean of run-off. YIKES!!  :|)   
nvgixxer,
You must have just missed us.  TOO BAD FOR YOOOOOOU!!  :rotflmao

We'll catch up you on another ride for sure.  We have many rides planned down your way.  And I think there's a good chance we'll be stopping there again for something to eat.  Even if we're not hungry. :drool

GreenMachine

Quote from: bocole775 on April 27, 2011, 10:37:12 PM
I would like to join in on the Markleeville ride.  I guess I will meet at the Chevron station on Virginia st at 8:30 am. on Sunday.
Bocole, got pics from Sunday?

A DRAGON

Nice Group Sorry I had to miss it.  I will probably miss the next 2 weeks then I'll be back. 

Excellent Job Green Machine    :flagSSA
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

Well then, you're in luck, b/c we don't ride next weekend due to AMA at Infineon.  And the following week is a ride/hike...I'm thinking I might adjust the two hikes to Saturday, so I don't mess up people's Sunday rides.  What do you think?

A DRAGON

I'll be up for what ever you put up.  I'll be bring the family in the truck.  Probably won't be riding.  The family likes it when I drive.   Sunday drives are the best when you head to the trees.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

That's not right.  :headscratch  The week after Infineon is our first official ride to Downieville.   It helps when I look at the ride schedule.