Main Menu

La Vecchia might be history!!

Started by Team Gorgonzola, February 18, 2010, 06:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Team Gorgonzola

So it begin...as some of you know RTC is planning a widening of Moana lane to the tune of $ 24,000,000. Unfortunately the Baker lane to Virginia st. part will take out, (thru eminent domain) "La Vecchia" building and most of the parking lot. Not only the project will cost taxpayers millions, it will change my family's and my life (and of course every business on the Moana corridor) in the worst way. I invested my life's work and savings in this location and I worry that this project could force me to lose it all. If it is even possible to find a location, comparable to the present one, moving "La Vecchia", will hurt my business and may have catastrophic results. I believe this is unjust, and  perhaps is another of those special interest projects (just look at the area map and you'll see why). I am strongly against it (6 lanes; as much as the freeway, on Moana lane ??!!) and I will fight it with all my strength. The RTC will meet on Friday 19th ( i know it's short notice but the posted the agenda on their website 3 days ago) to decide on moving forward or not. If you feel the same and want to help me (and many businesses in Moana Ln) please email the commissioners and/or come to the meeting at the RTC center, 2050 Villanova dr, Reno Friday 19th 9:00AM. Call me if you have questions 775 336 8180 Commissioners email and info below.

Dave Aiazzi
775-334-2016
E-mail: aiazzi@reno.gov

Dwight Dortch
775-334-2015
E-mail: dortchd@reno.gov

Ron Smith
775-353-2311 Email: rsmith@cityofsparks.us

Robert Larkin
775.328.2000 E-mail: rlarkin@washoecounty.us
Fax: 775.328.2037

David Humke
775.328.2005 E-mail: dhumkee@washoecounty.us
Fax: 775.328.2037

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Justin

There isn't anyway I can offer the love and support you and you're family deserve.

I will see you at 0900. 

Justin

This is my email to the above 5...   feel free to cut and paste it in your emails

I promise you that I will dedicate all of my time, effort and  energy to assuring that you will be removed from your position if the Moana Lane Project moves forward.  Destroying local small businesses is not something to strive for.  Please do what you can to stop this unnecessary waste of public funds.    
Sincerely,

Highlander

I'm sorry I have to work at that time but I'm trying to put together a letter and email all of the people you listed. Perhaps if you have a moment and can put something together everyone (who wants to) can email like a form letter? I wish you all the best good luck! Stephen
I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity.
E.A.Poe

Highlander

...or use Justino's which was posted just before mine. ;D
I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity.
E.A.Poe

Justin

sent sent sent sent and SENT.

Just add a name on the bottom of the email :)

mikey

I cant make the meeting Alberto, I am sorry.  

Quote from: Justino on February 18, 2010, 07:46:03 PM
sent sent sent sent and SENT.

Just add a name on the bottom of the email :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
this can not happen   

sent sent sent sent and sent            
Reno tax payer
ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)

Wilde Racing

05 CBR 1000rr

whiskytango

Have you ever seen a crazy protester chain themselves to a resaurant  :-X  :-X  ::)
     If you have never,  I have all the tools to do it...
CHAINDRIVEN

RedLeader

Quote from: whiskytango on February 19, 2010, 02:08:56 PM
Are you going to forge the shackles?
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

2 Smoke (Bryant)

Quote from: RedLeader on February 19, 2010, 04:39:23 PM
Quote from: whiskytango on February 19, 2010, 02:08:56 PM
Are you going to forge the shackles?

I got some hand cuff and leg shackles I can donate,
Throttle therapy:  Live to ride. Ride for life.

99 900ss duc

Justin

Alberto has dedicated the previous twenty years and his life savings to the success of La Vecchias.

At the RTC he very compassionately addressed the board and said "First of all, I hope none of this ever happens to any of you" following with "it is terrible, you lose sleep and when you can't sleep you can't do anything..."

We usually have a lot of fun on the board, but I just wanted to share with you just how devastating this is.
Paul (Youngster) and Kim, Josh (Gangplank) and myself were with Alberto and his attorney lending support.

youngster775

dont forget about andre (kaze) was there also...
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

99 900ss duc

i would have been there but i am not a resident of reno.  i did email all the commission though.