Main Menu

Roll Call - SSA Fecta. SATURDAY 06/14/14 - All SSA rides in 1 day

Started by GreenMachine, June 09, 2014, 02:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

I saw your message Jimbo.  Good to know.  I'll see you and Dub in Meyers at the Chevron: 7:30 AM.

Papasmurf has expressed interest in riding some or all too.  We'll see what he decides to do.  He rode with ADragon & TG on the truck route a couple weeks back.  I'd label him as on of you FOGs.  Very skilled rider on a big touring bike.

TB5 will be with me in spirit as I tackle Monitor in the morning.  Looking forward to getting some sun-coming-up shots from the saddleback.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Doubled checked.  Ready to hit the pillow here soon.  I'm trying to keep DR's chronic 'the-night-before' excitement from keeping me awake.

Prepped for tomorrow evening's victory as well. 

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Bigcat

Ok I'm in. I'll be at Meyers with Dub and Jimbo.. I just need to decide which bike to take.. See you guys in the morning.

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

It was the beer, Dub.  It's magic.   :D

Well rested.  Gearing up now.  It's darker out than I thought it would be.  Damn cold too, but I'm ready.

I'm hoping I'll be in touch with you SL around 11:00.  Whenever I get reception, I'll be connectin'.   :angel

It's going to be a great day.

My neighbors are going to kill me when I fire her up here in a few minutes.   :evil1

GreenMachine

nvgixxer

Quote from: Bigcat on June 13, 2014, 10:21:26 PM
Ok I'm in. I'll be at Meyers with Dub and Jimbo.. I just need to decide which bike to take.. See you guys in the morning.
AWESOME! Looking forward to seeing you again good buddy! Decisions, decisions...............Connie or blackbird!!?? LOL
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

nvgixxer

I left the group after completing WWS, had to return to Carson City for a BBQ. Great fun but colder than hell! I mean, it was 34 degrees up top of Spooner all the way down to the Chevron in So. Lake Tahoe. We met up there and waited for the madman GM to join us after assaulting Monitor Pass at the crack of dawn. That dude must have anti freeze for blood! Pics to be posted in the members section shortly.

Jimbo

288RR

Quote from: nvgixxer on June 14, 2014, 08:55:21 PM
Great fun but colder than hell! I mean, it was 34 degrees up top of Spooner all the way down to the Chevron in So. Lake Tahoe.
I know what you mean by colder than hell.  I head south on my bike at 4am. And it was 36 in Bridgeport, ca when I went though. 

GreenMachine

Popping the top on that beer!  Thank you everyone for participating in today's ride.

The afternoon flew by.  Thanks SL & PapaSmurf for getting to Colfax early.  Thanks Dub for jumping on this one to make it happen.  It would be hard justifying doing this alone.  Somebody might think I've gone and lost my mind.  Jimbo and John, your company always brings smiles.  Great bunch of riders and personalities too!  Wish we could have had more time to B.S.  Next time for sure.

Officiallly with the laps taken, adding in the 20 miles from my house from the morning meetup location: 729 miles.

Dub and I stopped one last time out beyond Bucks Lake.  He wasn't showing it, but he said he was getting tired and wondered if we could skip going back over Gold Lake & Yuba.  A fatefully wise decision.  On the way home I checked the clock.  8:01 PM and we have about 75 miles yet to go.  Sunset is around 8:30PM, probably earlier tonight due to the cloud cover.  Needless to say, we didn't dilly-dally getting to where we needed to go.

Fatigue didn't start setting in until we hit Quincy on the way back.  The realization of having 100 painful miles to go wasn't appealing, but I just relaxed and stretched my legs.  Dub stuck right with me and we really trucked it home, doing over 60 MPH.  GPS confirmed.  Bad boys, bad boys!

Gonna sleep well tonight for sure.  I'll post pictures tomorrow after resting.  I'm a little dizzy and very hungry.  Beer is hitting me pretty good right now.  Hope you all have some good stories to tell from this.

dub

Great ride. We definitely got all the good roads. LEO presence extremely light; those two chippys on 49 just before Dville were the only ones I saw all day. A little sketchy buzzing down 89 at dusk. But we only had one Bambi sighting. 

Only 574.8 miles for me. 11 hrs 2 mins in the saddle. I was pretty much ready to be done by Truckee. I set my GPS to "Home" and just stared at it; watching the remaining miles click by.

Good to see you guys, Jimbo and John. And nice to meet you, Mickey and Scott.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

nvgixxer

OK, everyone repeat after me................."WE WANT VIDEOS!"
Wake up GM and get R done bro!!

Jimbo