Main Menu

Roll Call - Bucks Lake 06/08/14

Started by GreenMachine, June 05, 2014, 02:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Quote from: nvgixxer on June 06, 2014, 01:24:52 PM
My family is throwing me a big BD party on Sunday, can't make it! Dang it. Actually, I was born on D-day, June 6, 1944. Do I feel 70? Hell no! Trying to keep the pace with you young dudes keeps me young and eager for the ride! I have yet to outgrow the need for speed. My motto has always been, "If you ain't livin' life on the edge, then you're taking up too much space!"
Ride safe kids and have a swell time!

Jimbo
What, no invite for a bunch of stinky biker types?   ;D 

We'll be going out again, so there will be other opportunities.

Keep cool on your special day.  And happy B-day buddy! 

:bday :party
:blackbike :grnbike
:howdy
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

nvgixxer

THANKS guys! Be alert today and tomorrow in the Reno/VC areas...........hazardous driving conditions due to the summer version of Street Vibrations. Should be 100s of Harley types converging on the area! ARGHHH!!!

Jimbo
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

288RR

I'm just sitting around waiting on tomorrow

Tahoebrian5

Well I got the bike back together and all seems well on my VC test ride. Ohhhh Yaaaa! I'm gonna have to pass on the ride though cause my back tire is shot. You think I woulda had one on after looking at it for months while rebuilding the thing. Have a safe ride and stay. I'll try to get a ride in next week
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

288RR

It's to bad you can't make it brian.

I will see everyone else  at Starbucks in the AM

GreenMachine

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on June 07, 2014, 07:05:57 PM
Well I got the bike back together and all seems well on my VC test ride. Ohhhh Yaaaa! I'm gonna have to pass on the ride though cause my back tire is shot. You think I woulda had one on after looking at it for months while rebuilding the thing. Have a safe ride and stay. I'll try to get a ride in next week
Ohhhh Yaaaa!  Next week is Fecta and I'm going.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Quote from: 288cbr on June 07, 2014, 03:31:15 PM
I'm just sitting around waiting on tomorrow
:D
It'll be a hot tomorrow laddies, bring whatever you can to keep cool.  Bring a small bottle of water for sure!  We'll do what we can to keep moving until we can stop where it's cool.  My stomach has its sites on Quincy for lunch.  Pizza and salad.  Sounds ordinary, but the salad bar is actually very good if you like fresh produce.

RichVee4

My son said he saw a Repsol Honda riding in NW Reno Fri and I thought maybe that was TB5!! 

With all the issues on Geiger yesterday Monica and I went over Mt Rose to the vista point over looking Incline/Tahoe.  Was a little worried about construction, but didn't have any issues other that a few construction signs.  No lane closures or torn up pavement. I was pleasantly surprised.  What a beautiful place we live!

Live long and prosper \V/

nvgixxer

Quote from: Richman on June 08, 2014, 07:25:45 AM
My son said he saw a Repsol Honda riding in NW Reno Fri and I thought maybe that was TB5!! 

With all the issues on Geiger yesterday Monica and I went over Mt Rose to the vista point over looking Incline/Tahoe.  Was a little worried about construction, but didn't have any issues other that a few construction signs.  No lane closures or torn up pavement. I was pleasantly surprised.  What a beautiful place we live!

I ended up hitting Ebbetts and Monitor Passes on Saturday, off to a BD party in Reno now. We'll have to get together for a ride someday soon Richman. I've been doing it more on Saturdays rather than Sundays, but look forward to doing a Sunday ride with the group soon.
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

288RR

Thanks guy for the great ride today. I sure had a blast.   I have a new favorite road to add to the list. 

RichVee4

Great riding with the group, had lots of fun.  Time for a COLD one (or two) it was a tad HOT in the valley.  Never seen GM exceed the speed limit so much to get a drink. 

Jimbo you missed a good ride, guess you had a good excuse.  You need to stop having those birthdays!!
Live long and prosper \V/

288RR

Quote from: Richman on June 08, 2014, 06:26:30 PM

Great riding with the group, had lots of fun.  Time for a COLD one (or two) it was a tad HOT in the valley.  Never seen GM exceed the speed limit so much to get a drink.  

Jimbo you missed a good ride, guess you had a good excuse.  You need to stop having those birthdays!!
I think we almost wiped that subway out of tea and lemonade

And it's too bad to hear that the pizza place burnt down.

slmoto

Quote from: Richman on June 08, 2014, 06:26:30 PM

Great riding with the group, had lots of fun.  Time for a COLD one (or two) it was a tad HOT in the valley.  Never seen GM exceed the speed limit so much to get a drink. 

Jimbo you missed a good ride, guess you had a good excuse.  You need to stop having those birthdays!!
Great riding with everyone today, it was good meeting  some more of you. The heat doesn't seem nearly as bad after dealing with the heat near Buck's Lake today but the cold ones are still very refreshing and going down nicely right now!

GreenMachine

Quote from: 288cbr on June 08, 2014, 06:23:18 PM
Thanks guy for the great ride today. I sure had a blast.   I have a new favorite road to add to the list.  
First rule of these rides, is we don't talk about these rides.  Second rule about these rides is we don't talk about these rides. ;D

If anybody asks?  Your favorite road is Wentworth Springs.  It too is a very good road and people will believe you.  They'll tell their friends and head that way.  :evil1

GreenMachine

Without a doubt.  First thing I did after stripping down was pop a top.