Main Menu

Roll Call - Bucks Lake 06/08/14

Started by GreenMachine, June 05, 2014, 02:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

9:00 AM START due to our early Spring and early Summer temps.

RSVP* if you're interested in participating in another one of our epic rides.  If you do not RSVP, the ride may be canceled even if you had planned on showing up the day of the ride.

This is a C+ skill level ride and it is a full day ride.  Bucks lake is a north route ride and we will be starting this ride earlier than traditional June rides, just to keep ahead of the heat.  Once at our destination, the group will decide on where to stop for lunch.  Sometimes that has been Oroville and other times that has been Quincy.

If you like to ride and enjoy riding long distances through pine lined twisty roads, you won't be disappointed.

* RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

I'd like to do this ride and will make it if it's on.

288RR

What's the route GM?  Sierravillie, gold lake to Quincy ?  Or what did you have planned,  I looked at the ride calendar but got confused.

288RR

And what ever the route is,  I should make it on it.

GreenMachine

There are several routes we can take, each with its own advantages.  I think we can go our most common route, which is Sierraville, Bassetts, Quincy, Oroville.  Return reverse route home.  We can stop where you guys would like to have your pictures taken. 

It's going to be hot down there, forecast at 107*.  It'll be a low of 73* when we leave Reno.  It is going to be a stinker.  Bring water and probably some spongy clothing you can soak for once we're heading down into the valley.  Some of the guys have used those water vests and that keeps them cool for about 50 miles before it dries out.  We'll see about how far down we want to go. 
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

62 posts for SLmoto!  That boy sure talks a lot!  :D  Seems only like yesterday he was at 4 posts.

Tahoebrian5

There is a slim chance I might be ready by Sunday.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on June 06, 2014, 08:25:04 AM
There is a slim chance I might be ready by Sunday.
The more the merrier!  So stop talking and start working on making that happen.

I'm thinking of mountain biking Pevine Saturday.   After riding dirt and now riding street, I'm even more convinced I'm a more confident street rider because of the dirt riding experience.  Want to keep that area of knowledge fresh.  Plus I need the exercise.   :xactly

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

nvgixxer

My family is throwing me a big BD party on Sunday, can't make it! Dang it. Actually, I was born on D-day, June 6, 1944. Do I feel 70? Hell no! Trying to keep the pace with you young dudes keeps me young and eager for the ride! I have yet to outgrow the need for speed. My motto has always been, "If you ain't livin' life on the edge, then you're taking up too much space!"
Ride safe kids and have a swell time!

Jimbo
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

288RR

Happy birthday Jim. To bad you can't make the ride

RichVee4

Happy Birthday Jimbo!!!   Looking forward many more years riding together. :)

RE Sunday - I should be able to make it.  Thinking about riding my 86VFR.
Live long and prosper \V/

288RR

Hope to see you out there rich.     

RichVee4

Hoping I wont need a push start this time.
Live long and prosper \V/

288RR