Main Menu

ride this weekend

Started by RocketRider, August 17, 2013, 12:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

288RR

Thanks for the great ride today guys,  i had a blast.  It was my first time doing monitor this year.

nvgixxer

Man oh live, What a day! I had a blast! what a great bunch of riders; Brian, John, Daniel, Wiles and......hmmm.....did I forget someone? Oh yeah, GM himself!! A few pics to share and GM? One word young man.....................VIDEOS!!  ;D ;D
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

nvgixxer

And a couple more pics. Had lunch at Markleville after doing Monitor Pass both ways. Hot one out there today.....whew!!
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

GreenMachine

Not too aggressive of a ride.  Nice controlled pace.  Everyone doing their own thing at their own safe pace.  A great way to beat the heat!

Daniel, you did even better on this ride than I've seen you ride before, a lot more consistent in your speeds and cornering.  I think I saw you within about 8" of the tarmac going up VC.  It's good to see you suited up as well.  Safety first, I always say.  It should also give you confidence that if you have a spill, you're injuries should be minor.

John and TB5, thanks for leading and sweeping today.  Always a pleasure, always what the doctor ordered.

Jimbo, I hope the video turns out half a good as I'm hoping it will.  Having your presence on these rides is like having Santa Claus along.  Always kind positive words for everyone you meet.  See?  I'm not such a bad guy.   :|)

Wiles, wish you could have stuck around for lunch to catch us up on your AFM experience.  Another time perhaps.

Rocket.  Rocket.   :crackup  The lengths to which you will go to get out of riding with us.  First you lop off your thumb, then you kill something on your bike.  I think I speak for everyone when I say, your company is most welcomed.  I just hope you're not doing all this stuff just to impress us.  Really, you don't have to go to such lengths.  We'll still accept you, just the way you are.  BTW, I'm just cooling off for a bit.  Maybe head over towards your place about 5PM, if that's cool with you.

Media to follow sometime tonight.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Nice!  Thanks for the pics!  Such an unusual perspective.  Me on the receiving end of the camera.   ;)
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

288RR

GreenMachine

This is too cool having all this media being taken.  I don't remember seeing all them being clicked off. 

Anybody know how far it is from the Topaz area where we stopped to Markleeville?

Tahoebrian5

That was good times thanks everybody. I about melted in my suit once we hit Reno. Definitely makes me appreciate having the mountains so close. Funny thing.. two turns from home and my bike starts cutting out. Some sort of electrical problem. I limped her home and it was too hot to take a look but I'm so glad I didn't break down on the side of the hot freeway!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

288RR

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 18, 2013, 04:28:33 PM
Anybody know how far it is from the Topaz area where we stopped to Markleeville?

Well there is normal car  way, 22 miles.  then there is th SSA way,  in which it would be 44 miles to Markleeville.  I personally like the SSA way better

GreenMachine

288,  :D

TB5, it's probably something as simple as a fouled spark plug.  Since installing the Bazzaz, you're bike has a strong rich exhaust smell and yesterday when going downhill and off the gas, there were noticeable puffs of white smoke coming from the exhaust.  If it is the plugs and you're not going to replace the piston rings any time soon, maybe go with a slightly hotter plug to help it self clean the porcelain.

dub

That was a perfect little Sunday morning ride, thanks everyone.  I put in almost 200 miles and was home in time for lunch.  It was good riding with you again John and Brian; and it was nice meeting the rest of you.

There sure were a lot of colors out in M-ville.  Hope you guys got out of there before the shootout started.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

More ride pictures posted in the Regular Members section.