Main Menu

ride this weekend

Started by RocketRider, August 17, 2013, 12:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RocketRider

I can do a bit earlier. Twisties cant be that far off. And why is everyone pussin about the smoke and "heat"? Am i the only one unaffected? Lol.
Whats it gonna be green machine? I just wanna ride, that race got me in the mood and this has been my first week to release! Im down :)
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

RocketRider

On a related note, anyone doing anything tonight? Home alone and bored
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

288RR

Well what ever everyone decides post up a time place.  And I'll be there whatever the route might be I'm not worried about the smoke..

Tahoebrian5

I'm game if it's somewhat early and somewhere more exciting than VC. I think the smoke is worse north so if that's a factor to people maybe monitor type route would be good.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

How about something for everyone.   Meet at the round-about Maverik at 9:00 AM, ride VC, truck route, CC, Markleeviille, Monitor, over and back, then decide.  For those who want to ride Ebbetts, turn left on Hwy 4.  For those wanting to  have lunch in Markleeville and/or ride Tahoe via 88/89, turn right on Hwy 4.

I really enjoyed last weekend's Tahoe ride and wouldn't mind doing something that keeps me riding up in the higher elevations.  Rocket, you and TB5 will probably enjoy doing Ebbetts together.  I'm still on my trackday rear tire, which hasn't worn much in the 1,000 miles since then and I'll be happy sweeping whichever way people choose.  I like the idea of having lunch at Jolie's place there in Markleeville, so that's what I'm thinking at the moment.  Haven't stopped in even once this year.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

Sounds good, be there at 9

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

I'll be there at 9:00 AM.  Setting calendar & ride schedule now.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RocketRider

PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Tahoebrian5

Bring your rain shells! Possible thunder storms and my bad rain karma is bad combo

GreenMachine

:D  Might just be.

Just a heads up.  VC looked to have been rained on this afternoon, so wash into the roads?

And BTW, I won't be able to ride next weekend.  So what, right?

Bigcat

Looks like I can make this one. I'll dust off the bird and see you all at 9.

RocketRider

I was on Geiger at 230. Clean n dry
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

nvgixxer

Quote from: Bigcat on August 17, 2013, 10:50:11 PM
Looks like I can make this one. I'll dust off the bird and see you all at 9.
Well now, that settles it! I just might be in for this one! Haven't ridden with you since the last Sierra FOG get-together last October! Looking forward to seeing you again Big John!

Jimbo
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

Bigcat

Attaboy Jimbo. Looking forward to it my friend. ;D Will we see you at 9 or should we look for you along the route.

nvgixxer

Quote from: Bigcat on August 18, 2013, 07:45:23 AM
Attaboy Jimbo. Looking forward to it my friend. ;D Will we see you at 9 or should we look for you along the route.
I'll be there at 9. Can't miss out on VC and the truck route!
See ya there mi amigo!
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)