Main Menu

ride this weekend

Started by RocketRider, August 17, 2013, 12:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RocketRider

Bored. Need ride. Who want?
(for reals this time, no "i lost my thumb" excuses)
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

GreenMachine

Just not 49, WWS, Icehouse, or MRR.  49 was scheduled, but it's dirty.

So you choose.  I'll bring the DVDs.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

Would like to get a ride in this weekend.  Was considering VC lunch run today but looks all smoked in down that way this morning.  Trying to avoid the smoke today. Winds are due East so that should leave North of 80 smoke free.   would be open to La Porte down then hwy 20 back, avoiding 49. 

Glad to hear your back
Live long and prosper \V/

nvgixxer

Hardly any smoke at all down south here in Carson City. I can't decide where to ride OR what day (today or Sunday)...........woe is me..........decisions, decisions! :(
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

288RR

There are just far to many decisions to chose. 

nvgixxer

Quote from: 288cbr on August 17, 2013, 08:49:51 AM
There are just far to many decisions to chose. 
I hear that...................I feel like a dog turned loose in a field full of rabbits.......which one should I chase?????

288RR

Well I'm stuck at work today    :(  but I'm free tomorrow

RichVee4

I am liking today, temps are cooler than sunday.  what I am planning would be 80 / 89 / La porte / return either 20 or bucks lake rd.  20 is pretty busy and then long ride on 80 home.    

Jimbo, did you say you havent done bucks lake road?  if not, we have to do that.   you might like it more that monitor

depart 11am?  

nvgixxer

Quote from: Richman on August 17, 2013, 09:05:29 AM
I am liking today, temps are cooler than sunday.  what I am planning would be 80 / 89 / La porte / return either 20 or bucks lake rd.  20 is pretty busy and then long ride on 80 home.    

Jimbo, did you say you havent done bucks lake road?  if not, we have to do that.   you might like it more that monitor

depart 11am?  
Yes sir, I have done Bucks Lake, two years ago, excellent road! But I fear that 11am is a bit too late for me today for such a long route. That one should have an early bird start to really be able to enjoy stops along the way, etc..
Heck, I'll probably end up doing Monitor Pass again and lunching at that outside deli in Markleville.

RichVee4

Enjoy! Next time we will plan farther in advance.  I will be at starbucks on N McCarran at 11am if anyone else wants to head out.

nvgixxer

Cough-cough-snort-snort!! I decided to take a quickie up the truck route and down Geiger en route south to Monitor Pass. Well, I cut it short and headed back to the barn, started coughing from the smoke in Reno and VC. I live in Carson and had no idea it was so bad in the big city. Anyway, just FYI.
Maybe tomorrow and southerly in direction won't be so bad. Like I said earlier, it ain't too bad in Carson City and looks to be relatively clear south of here.

RocketRider

Wow i mustve been tired i just woke up. Heres the deal kids. Lets meet TODAY at 2 for some post lunch action and tomorrow at 11 for some lunch time action. Meeting spot is gas station at base of geiger grade by the round about. Route will be determined on the spot. All paces welcome, see you guys out there :)
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

288RR

I will be there tomorrow.

GreenMachine

Quote from: RocketRider on August 17, 2013, 12:05:17 PM
...and tomorrow at 11 for some lunch time action. Meeting spot is gas station at base of geiger grade by the round about. Route will be determined on the spot. All paces welcome, see you guys out there :)
All routes considered?  At 11 AM, that leaves some pretty slim pickens.  VC? Or VC?

It's suppose to be all the way up to 64° at dawn, with the high being 99°.  Add in the smoke and it's going to be muggy is miserable.
Any chance we can get you on the road sooner?  RocketrRider indeed!   :hangover
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

288RR

Im game for earlier to,  maybe leave sooner, go up rose, down spooner and up truck route to vc, grab lunch then hit 6 mile then back down to reno?   Just putting some ideas on the table.