Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Ride

Started by Tahoebrian5, September 20, 2011, 08:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigcat

I'm going to pack the rain gear and see everyone in the morning...

GreenMachine

Alright you smart arses!  I'm going to get everything ready and meet up at *bucks, but if it's looking shitey by then or later on, expect me to turn for home.   :-\

It's already raining on the coastal range, but the forecast is for most of the precipitation to remain over there.  All except for a patch that's expected to go through the Quincy area.  Where we headed again?  Oh yeah, that's right, Quincy.   :D

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Bigcat

I'll bring the cheese  :D :D :D

GreenMachine

>:(

Mommy, I want new friends!!!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

We can option down to ice house, WWS, MRR? I'll keep to the original meet up unless I hear something before 9:30
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

n10sive

Quote from: GreenMachine on September 24, 2011, 07:02:26 PM
Got rained on in CC like I've never been rained on before.  I considered turning back to Gardnerville to wait out the storm cell I could see passing north, but just decided to hell with it.  Water was sheeting across the road and I got stuck in those stupid Topsy Lane traffic signals right in the middle of it.  Between that and the clueless drivers riding two abreast blocking all traffic, it was a treacherous 5 mile stretch.

That said, I checked the forecast for Sunday and it appears to be similar, PM showers expected.

Do we want to chance it anyway?  I'll be the first to admit, that's a long way to travel getting rained on.  Hopefully it's only showers and mostly dry like today.

We were sitting at In-and-Out watching the carnage there GM. I laughed at all the Harley riders and especially some princess CRAWLING up the hill at 2mph blocking all traffic because she thought she was riding on ice  :D I was like "PARK IT ALREADY!" Then, to make it worse, there was a rainbow that everyone had to stop to look at
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

GreenMachine

Quote from: n10sive on September 25, 2011, 11:40:30 AMWe were sitting at In-and-Out watching the carnage there GM. I laughed at all the Harley riders and especially some princess CRAWLING up the hill at 2mph blocking all traffic because she thought she was riding on ice  :D I was like "PARK IT ALREADY!" Then, to make it worse, there was a rainbow that everyone had to stop to look at

Who needs reality TV when you have entertainment like this for free!?  :D

GreenMachine

Having new blood made for some very interesting video.  ;)  Sorry about your bad tires day Brian.  :-\  I was watching the video earlier and talking to myself the same as I was out there today; slow down for that corner, then hurry up!  I also saw a different perspective, being that the camera is mounted on the right side panel.  In some of the shots you could see for a lonnnnng ways down.  Not a lot there beyond the tarmac.

Just four pics from today and they're dull by comparison to the video.  I'll see if I can throw something together combining all the content and pass it on to you gents.

1 + 4: Group shot
2: Wills stretching his left leg again.  Why is that?
3: New KTM 1190

Tahoebrian5

Good times as always. A bad tire day on the bike is still a good day. Also sliding all over the road kept my adrenaline level high !!!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

wills

I wasn't stretching the leg, I was whizzing on John's Connie, it's mine now! Thanks to chasing GM and the Mario Bros I need a new front tire!
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

GreenMachine

Waa!  You've done your fair share of dusting me off when my tires are shot too, so fair is fair.

BTW, if anyone runs into the two new ride leaders, ask them what ever came of the video.  If they could PM one of us with a YouTube link, that would be appreciated.  On that subject, I threw together two new 10 min videos of both legs.  No footage of you guys, just me and the two new guys in either.  Sorry.  Both videos get interesting after one or both of them pass me.

I'd be glad to record any of you riding.  Just ask.