Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Ride

Started by Tahoebrian5, September 20, 2011, 08:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

Feel like doing a ride Sunday? I thought I would keep it private in case you need a break from babysitting ;). I was thinking of doing goldlake to la Porte, then go do 162, maybe a couple laps on the really good portion. Lunch in Quincy and maybe a bonus la Porte lap on the way home if I'm feeling sparky. I could potentially do a mid week next week also.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Funny you mention that.  I just compiled another video.  There's a yellow and black bike meandering through the Sierras in front of me.  The footage of which sends me into laughter...I'm just weird that way.  I don't know why I didn't post the video sooner.  I want to compile it in 720 or 1080p onto YouTube before I put it out for public consumption.  I'll do that Wednesday.  The video is my longest one yet, a full 10 minutes, following in the tradition of the previous two 2011 videos.  Can't say it's my best work ever either (I'm experimenting with a new video editing software package).

I could just watch the three 2011 videos all Winter long.

I'll be in Yosemite Saturday, but I should be back for your Sunday ride.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

Glad I can inspire laughter in you, there are worse qualities one could possess. 

I'm thinking I'll invite Big cat as well. Feel free to invite others if you like. Im wondering if the trees are starting to turn yet? Now that would make some good video!

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Tahoebrian5

Ok, I swear I pm'd you but I must have been tired last night. Well I guess it's a group ride now, lol

Bigcat

TB, you were reading my mind. I haven't ridden in a couple of weeks and am having withdrawals :'(. I think I may dust off the bird for this one  ;D This is the absolute best time of the year to ride..

Tahoebrian5

Yes it is!! I rode 162 last year when the leaves were in full color and it was spectacular. I think I rode the whole stretch at about 60% of normal pace because I couldnt keep my eyes on the road!

I'll be coming from Tahoe City so how about we meet at the Prosser OHV staging area on 89 just north of Truckee on the left side of the road.. say 9:00? Just throwing that out there.. let me know if you have a better meet up or time that works for you.

Also anyone else is welcome to come. It's gonna be pure bliss on 2 wheels.

n10sive

hope you enjoy the harley roadblocks LOL
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Tahoebrian5

No way, this is way to far from Reno and Downieville!

GreenMachine

Quote from: n10sive on September 21, 2011, 02:34:53 PM
hope you enjoy the harley roadblocks LOL
If I was on a HD I'd stick to Hwy 70 or 20.  Tri-pod excitement into a guardrail with my Chaps on wouldn't be the way I'd intend to spend my weekend.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

TB.  :headscratch  I thought something was a little off with your avenue of requests.  That explains it.  My idea of humor has everything to do with velocity and nothing to do with who's out front.  It makes me laugh for some reason.

p.s. I'll be at Wednesday Bike Night if someone's looking for a familiar SSA face to hang with.  :thumbup

wills

Lunch with the hotties?
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

Tahoebrian5

GreenMachine

TB.  You're point man on this one.  When and where?

Tahoebrian5

Prosser OHV staging area at 9. That's a couple miles north of truckee on the left. There's a sign, can't miss it. Think that's early enough? I could do 8:30.. Votes?

Tahoebrian5

Quote from: GreenMachine on September 20, 2011, 11:06:15 PM
Funny you mention that.  I just compiled another video.  There's a yellow and black bike meandering through the Sierras in front of me.  The footage of which sends me into laughter...I'm just weird that way.  I don't know why I didn't post the video sooner.  I want to compile it in 720 or 1080p onto YouTube before I put it out for public consumption.  I'll do that Wednesday.  The video is my longest one yet, a full 10 minutes, following in the tradition of the previous two 2011 videos.  Can't say it's my best work ever either (I'm experimenting with a new video editing software package).

I could just watch the three 2011 videos all Winter long.

I'll be in Yosemite Saturday, but I should be back for your Sunday ride.

Still waiting :popcorn