Main Menu

Roll Call - First SSA Group Ride for 2011 - Markleeville - Sunday 05/01/11

Started by GreenMachine, April 25, 2011, 03:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Quote from: dub on April 27, 2011, 10:50:47 AM
Quote from: GreenMachine on April 27, 2011, 08:20:33 AMDub, you can't come to our group rides, you're beyond the 200% maximum threshold for average group speed -- 'A Group' riders are too fast for us.  :P

You can only ride with us if you promise to tie one arm behind your back.

I'm just trying to keep up with bigcat on the connie. :)
That makes two of us. :rant

Bigcat, where you riding Saturday?  Want company?  I might have a craving for Pizza.  Downieville perhaps.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Bigcat

The more the merrier and pizza in Downieville would be perfect ;D. I don't know how Yuba Pass is though. Any word ?.

GreenMachine

Haven't checked into it yet, but I went up to Stampede last night and it's still snowed in there.  You can't make the last downhill before the dam.  Very picturesque however, with all the water and meadow-like water rushing out of the mountains.  I pulled off at Boca's inlet, just around the back side of it, just to sit and take in the scenery.

For Yuba, I'd only be worried about the 15 MPH west/east hairpin on this side of the mountain.  Getting up it would be twice as easy as getting down it on the way back.   :o  SCR members have ridden as for east as Sierra City with no problems, but that's all much lower.

I'll check CalTrans and get back to you by Friday.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

bocole775

I would like to join in on the Markleeville ride.  I guess I will meet at the Chevron station on Virginia st at 8:30 am. on Sunday.

GreenMachine

Quote from: bocole775 on April 27, 2011, 10:37:12 PM
I would like to join in on the Markleeville ride.  I guess I will meet at the Chevron station on Virginia st at 8:30 am. on Sunday.
That'll be the place. 

:party

Rick Bay (BRA)

22SLOW

Will try to make Huffaker @ 8:30 on Sunday.  Need to start my chores now........

Tahoebrian5

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

You won't make it far on MRR until June probably.  This picture was taken last 04/24.  The canyon roads on the other side of the bridge had wet patches and not much further we ran into this:

Pics on SCR show it's closed closer this way still.

Tahoebrian5

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

edmunsan

Have fun guys B safe ATGATT hangin with dub Sat&Sun. Kingburry Grade is clean on valley side little dirty on lake side BTW.
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

Mario28

GreenMachine

Quote from: Bigcat on April 27, 2011, 01:59:19 PM
The more the merrier and pizza in Downieville would be perfect ;D. I don't know how Yuba Pass is though. Any word ?.
See you at 10AM, North Route *bucks.  Good way to test out how the weather and riding conditions will be like for tomorrow.

dr1150

"You start the game of life with a full pot o' luck and an empty pot
o' experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you
empty the pot of luck."

shep

Quote from: Bigcat on April 27, 2011, 01:59:19 PM
I don't know how Yuba Pass is though. Any word ?.

Yuba Pass is fine (forget about Gold Lake though). Maybe some wet spots from melt/run-off on the way up, depending on the time of day.
Ride with immaculate sanity.