Main Menu

Roll Call - First SSA Group Ride for 2011 - Markleeville - Sunday 05/01/11

Started by GreenMachine, April 25, 2011, 03:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Sorry for the late notice. Due to safety and chilly mornings, we will be getting a later start on this one ride: 9:45 - 10:00AM from Carson City Starbucks. Reno will depart no later than 9:00 AM.  That'll make the ride more enjoyable for all.

Post here if you are going.

EDIT: It goes without saying that many of you will be on your first ride of the season and for some, it will be your first SSA group ride.  Other forums from around the country are already reporting accidents, ambulances and LEOs from their first rides.  We take safe riding seriously and so should you.  Let's keep our adrenaline and throttle hands in check.

Please take the time to review our Safe Group Riding Tips <here>.

This is a south ride joining Carson City area riders at the Topsy Lane Starbucks at 9:30AM.  

Weather permitting, Reno riders who'd like to add a little to the ride should meet by 8:30AM at the Huffaker Chevron.  We'll take the long way down to Carson City.

Bring your camera for some snow-capped Sierra picture taking and your wallet.  We can plan on lunch either in Markleeville or in South Lake Tahoe, depending on who wants to return to Reno which way.

I will briefly go over our Safe Group Riding Tips and other tips before we head out too. Weather is forecast to be mild and Spring like:
39* for the low, 66* for the afternoon high.

See you Sunday!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

n10sive

would love to GM but will be out of town that weekend. Hopefully some of the southern crew can make this one with ya!
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Scott

GSX-R600

GreenMachine

Quote from: n10sive on April 25, 2011, 03:41:12 PM
would love to GM but will be out of town that weekend. Hopefully some of the southern crew can make this one with ya!

You will be missed.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

mrgobs

CptnHornblower

I'll be there, Huffaker Chevron 0830. Are full leathers de rigueur?
Earnest Hemingway : There are only 3 sports, Bullfighting, Motor Racing and Mountain climbing. All the rest are games.

GreenMachine

Leathers are not 'strictly required.'   Thanks for asking. 

Some form of armored riding jacket and pants are encouraged, but you ride with whatever gear you feel comfortable in on a 40* morning.  So long as it's not flip-flops and T-shirt.  We'll be good.
I'll be in full armored leathers, full height boots, Kevlar armored gloves, fleece neck bandana, all to make sure I stay warm and protected.  :ninjas As much as possible ATGATT.   Gear's cheap.  Hospitals are expensive.

Hope that's not too much soap boxing.

n10sive

dub

I'm gonna be at the racetrack this weekend.  But I definitely plan on getting in on some rides with y'all this summer.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Quote from: dub on April 26, 2011, 10:32:43 PM
I'm gonna be at the racetrack this weekend.  But I definitely plan on getting in on some rides with y'all this summer.
Dub, you can't come to our group rides, you're beyond the 200% maximum threshold for average group speed -- 'A Group' riders are too fast for us.  :P

You can only ride with us if you promise to tie one arm behind your back.

GreenMachine

Quote from: n10sive on April 26, 2011, 10:29:28 PM
Quote from: Bigcat on April 26, 2011, 09:46:10 AM
woohoo  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

man...you don't have to be so happy I'm not going  :'(

;D :D 8)
I'm with you.  He did sound overly joyful that you weren't able to ride. 

Somebody's had a cranky Winter!

Bigcat

HAHA Wasn't aimed at my southern brother  :-*. Was overjoyed at the thought of our first group ride of the season. Now it looks like I may not be able to make it. Will probably ride Saturday instead. Enjoy the ride and be SAFE..

n10sive

Just messin' witchya bigcat :) Enjoy the ride Saturday. Hopefully you will have good weather!

Hope to hook up and ride with you soon

dub

Quote from: GreenMachine on April 27, 2011, 08:20:33 AMDub, you can't come to our group rides, you're beyond the 200% maximum threshold for average group speed -- 'A Group' riders are too fast for us.  :P

You can only ride with us if you promise to tie one arm behind your back.

I'm just trying to keep up with bigcat on the connie. :)
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019