Main Menu

Wifes new ride

Started by stimacsays, March 18, 2011, 02:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stimacsays

2010 Speed Triple. Yup, she is VERY happy about it.

Team Gorgonzola

And all set up already!!! I am jealous ;D Great choice!
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

E!

Sweet bike!  Congrats!
E

Accelerated Rider Coaching
www.ARC-Trackademics.com
ethan@ARC-Trackademics.com

Jp_Rio

This might be a stupid question, but... how is that bike for a track - trackday? Curious cause I saw one on craigslist and the price wasn't bad but had no clue whatsoever about this bike. What do you guys think? Have any of you ridden one at the track and could share the experience with us (me)!??  ;D
What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

dub

Congrats, that bike is awesome!

Quote from: Jp_Rio on March 18, 2011, 05:24:29 PM
This might be a stupid question, but... how is that bike for a track - trackday? Curious cause I saw one on craigslist and the price wasn't bad but had no clue whatsoever about this bike. What do you guys think? Have any of you ridden one at the track and could share the experience with us (me)!??  ;D

I haven't ridden a STripple on the track, but I would probably go ahead and stick with your R6 for track days.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

stimacsays

Quote from: Jp_Rio on March 18, 2011, 05:24:29 PM
They have great suspention and power. I have not had this bike to the track, but have had my wifes Speed 4 a few times. What a hoot.

I say helz yah to the track with a Speed trip. Cheap enough, and an all day rider on the hiway.

dmh2000

My 07 speed triple seems a bit heavy for the track especially compared to my CBR600rr. on the other hand people race XR1200's.

here are the 2 best things I did for my ST (which is my streetbike) . i had the suspension adjusted by Aftershocks. He raised the rear end way up and the turnin was much better. before that it mainly wanted to go straight. after the first year I swapped the tires for Pilot Pure tires and that made a super difference in feel and handling.

I bet that Arrow system is awesome too. Brad at freedomcycle has urged me to get one. I may do that next year.
dave

stimacsays

What isnot heavy compared to a 600 at the track?

I am happy the Arrow is not to loud. I hate loud bikes. I would have to guess it took near 20lbs off the bike. And most that is up hi on the bike with the under seat cans.

I bet the Pures helped. I have a set I am saving for my Buell. I will replace the Power Road with another after our 1st trip. She wont use much of the sidewalls anyway.
We will work on set-up this week also.

Jp_Rio

Thanks for the input guys... it was just a "wondering". Still haven't decided what I'm gonna do for this year, but if were to buy this type of bike (or any other bike for this manner) it would be a track bike. No more riding on the streets, at least not until i buy another one - which might take a litle while  :|)

wills

Brad tracks his, we were @ RFR last year in the snow :|) There is no reason you can't ride that bike on the track. You might not be the fastest, but you will have fun.
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

dub

Quote from: Jp_Rio on March 28, 2011, 11:35:00 PM
Thanks for the input guys... it was just a "wondering". Still haven't decided what I'm gonna do for this year, but if were to buy this type of bike (or any other bike for this manner) it would be a track bike. No more riding on the streets, at least not until i buy another one - which might take a litle while  :|)

What is wrong with you R6 for the track?
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Jp_Rio

Nothing is wrong with it, I am just looking for an older model (cheaper) so I can make it a trackday bike and "not worry about it" if anything happens to it. I'm actually looking for a 03-05 r6 right now, to be honest. I'm hoping to find a salvage one and maybe get a good deal out of it.

But since I saw a bike like this one (older model) on craigslist for cheap, I thought about asking.

Scott

keep an eye on CrankyApe there always getting repo bikes and auctioning them off for cheep.
GSX-R600

Jp_Rio

Quote from: Scott on April 02, 2011, 10:25:53 PM
keep an eye on CrankyApe there always getting repo bikes and auctioning them off for cheep.

Interesting. Never heard of that site before. Quick question: Is it somehow like Copart. Do i need a dealer's license to buy vehicles? I'll check the website more carefully later, but maybe you know that already...

Thanks Scott!

Scott

no the auction to the public no license required
they have been around for bit but just came to reno last year
the reno location is down where mountain RV used to be
there primary business is RV but they see a fair amount of autos and bikes too
GSX-R600