Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Loose bolt

Started by XIII, June 11, 2008, 08:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XIII

Lame crap. I washed the car and the bike but can't clean the chain properly without some spools. I took the bike inside the garage after drying it out and noticed a bolt sticking out that holds the subframe!!!

What kind of crap is this? How'd it come loose? I took the seat off to get a better view and it turns out that the nut is missing!

I found a replacement nut but it's still really irritating. On a brighter note. I fixed my shifter issue. I messed around with the rod's positioning and it's fairly close to normal now.

Adiggity

Quote from: KazeXIII on June 11, 2008, 08:52:30 PM
What kind of crap is this? How'd it come loose? 

The vibration of 14000 rpm can tend to cause bolts to come loose at times. You should routinely give your bike the once over to check for loose bolts. It's fairly common for them to come loose.

karneybo

Thats the main reason why Harleys are crap, bolts fall out on every ride.
Carney

XIII

Guys, this bike only has 1700 miles on it. 400 of which are mine. The bike has only come close to it's rpm limits maybe five times so far. This is why I'm kind of irritated at the care that it's been given before I had it. My R6 has never had a loose bolt issue and I've put 18k miles.

buell12r

Quote from: karneybo on June 12, 2008, 12:18:09 PM
Thats the main reason why Harleys are crap, bolts fall out on every ride.
their are many reasons that harleys are crap, that is just a minor one

XIII

If Harley buys MV then that name will forever be tarnished. Who would buy a MV bike after that?

buell12r

well look what I ride
may not be a harley but same dealer and similar motor

karneybo

Quote from: scotinexcile on June 12, 2008, 03:11:43 PM
Just ask yourself this question:

If Harley made aeroplanes, would you fly in one? ;D
HELL FREAKING NO (sorry potty mouth here)
Carney