Main Menu

Eric was right (front end shake)

Started by Justin, June 05, 2008, 11:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

The front end shake of my bike seems to be a 'bad' front tire.
True, it did throw a wheel weight (tape them down) but the BVH service department investigated it further and actually test rode it following the new balancing.
Still shaking.  Tomorrow they are going to replace the front tire, as they have ruled everything else out.

Eric thought that was the culprit when I described the problem on bike night. He had the same problem with the same brand.
  Looks like you were right.

If it is for sure the tire, I'll let you know the brand/model and won't be purchasing another.  It's too bad, because I liked the first set so much. . .  So much that I replaced the OEM with the exact same model (a first for me)

See you all on Sunday.

Johnny

Hmmm... was it a Michelin Pilot Power 2ct that was made in France (tire was recalled)?  But the newer ones are fine.

weavefish

Sweet man! hope they fix it for you. me and jenx will be in a big blue van with a small black car with SSA stickers on it. stop by and say hi  ;D
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Justin

Nope. Not Michelin.
Here's the hint. . .
Dairy Queen

weavefish

Dunlop Qualifiers!!!! oh oh what do i win? :o
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Yard Sale

S. happens. My problem was with a Dunlop Sportmax, one of the early radials, back in the early nineties. I also had a Metzeler develop a huge bulge in the sidewall when mounted and filled with air.

Justin

I loved the first set. it's a great tire, but that brand has been somewhat of an issue for the dealership. (mainly cruiser tires)

russtman

I thought the Dunlop qualifiers were good Justylino --??  NO  ??

CHOW ......
Need  money!!!!   WILL WORK FOR TRACK DAYS.

Justin

russtman

I was thinking of trying those next --these new Michelins I am running ( Power Race ) are spendy!!!
Need  money!!!!   WILL WORK FOR TRACK DAYS.