Main Menu

Our view for WSBK/AMA at Miller

Started by Adiggity, June 02, 2008, 05:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adiggity

Just to make y'all a little jealous.  :P This shot was taken from the back of our toy hauler where we were camping last weekend by a friend of mine, Angelo Root. 8)

Adiggity

Oh, and yes, this was while he had a freshly broken collar bone. Mad props to Haga for his finish in race 2!!!

n10sive

How was the whole experience Andy? Would you do it again?

Trip report????  ;D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

JENX!!!

WOW!!! AWSOME PICTURE!!!! and from your trailer too......dam!!!! Thats some lean angle on there....wish i can ride like that...hhehehe...SOON!!!!
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

Adiggity

Quote from: n10sive on June 02, 2008, 05:37:09 PM
How was the whole experience Andy? Would you do it again?

Trip report????  ;D
Very cool! Hell yes I would do it again. Except next time I won't buy Grandstand seats because the view from the toy hauler is great! It was a lot of fun. Miller is just an awesome track in every aspect.

Team Gorgonzola

Nice pic!!! I was busy dicing with an MV Agusta at RFR. Keigwins only had 38 riders. I had a blast and posted my fastest time ever 3:00 min flat.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Adiggity

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on June 03, 2008, 09:48:09 AM
Nice pic!!! I was busy dicing with an MV Agusta at RFR. Keigwins only had 38 riders. I had a blast and posted my fastest time ever 3:00 min flat.
Congrats on your lap time Alberto. You'll be cracking that 3 minute barrier next time!  :)

Team Gorgonzola

Andy, how fast is your best time at RFR?
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Adiggity

Last time I was there I did a 2:38 on C configuration.

JENX!!!

Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

n10sive

There is a reason Andy is moving up the ranks of AFM so fast....  ;D

I know I was pretty impressed watching him rid RFR last time out and how smooth he is.

Adiggity

Thanks Dale. Smooth is key! Work on smooth and the speed is automatic. Crazy as it may sound to you, I have a lot of improvement to do still!! I'm only getting into the top 10 in AFM. Winning lap times in AFM are only top 15 in AMA. Really is amazing how fast those pro guys are!!!

n10sive

Quote from: Adiggity on June 03, 2008, 12:58:36 PM
Thanks Dale. Smooth is key! Work on smooth and the speed is automatic. Crazy as it may sound to you, I have a lot of improvement to do still!! I'm only getting into the top 10 in AFM. Winning lap times in AFM are only top 15 in AMA. Really is amazing how fast those pro guys are!!!

Your deserve the compliment. Reading your race reports from last year to this really shows the improvement.

And as far as fast AFM vs fast AMA, I am sure a lot of that time is made up in money :)

Adiggity

Money, time and knowledge. While you and I are working, they are riding and making improvements constantly to their bikes with a team that does nothing but work on race bikes. Not to mention they are working with the best tires and have a pretty much unlimited supply compared to us weekend warriors.  ;D

Resistor

I'll post up the view from my spot later.  I was right next to the track so the action was really really close, but the view was not the best by being so close.  Having the bikes come screaming by at 8 am is a good wake up call  ;D  I ended up watching most of the races from the Erda stands, that is the best grandstand to watch the race from, you see almost the whole track.

Hey Andy, are you going to tell them who we met at your camp spot...
2005 GSXR-600