Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Hey guy's.

Started by Nesquik, September 10, 2009, 09:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nesquik

I was planning on selling it to help buy the street bike. But I would probably only get like $2500 if that for it. It wouldn't be worth selling it and regretting it in the long run.

Justin

i regret selling every bike.  You will too :(

Nesquik

Yea.. Or I might regret working for the last 2k.. Don't really want to finance it.

youngster775

financing? who does that? :o
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

Nesquik

Not me.. Pointless to pay payments on something that would be so easy to pay cash for  ;)

Nesquik

Had a bad experience at the Kawi shop today...  :-\

youngster775

maybe you shoulve went to a YAMI shop  ;D

Nesquik

Haha i would have. But was just lookin around tryin to see if atleast someone was hiring in this world.. Guy told me no there not hiring (what a surprise) and then we just started talking about the zx6r and then in the middle of me talking the guys like im going to go talk to these people over here and walks away.. in the middle of me talking... so i was just like yea...thanks... and walked out of the store.. never to return again.

whiskytango

Yo Matt,  I came from years of dirt of all sorts been on streets for about a year and 1/2.  I chose a SV1000s for my 1st bike and I have been Humbly tippy toed, Learning one of the greatest sides of two wheeled motor sport.  I have never had an issue being tip toed at a stop or manuvering slow speed or backing.  You want to talk excited Newb, I have put 14,000 miles on in the last year always learning and absorbing reading. (get Keith Codes books) and if your serious save up and come out to the track (a must).  I have done Z2 T.days and SSA does a EXTREMELY good job in all aspects.
     Maybe others would agree that taste of the track at the track days would give you an oppertunity to try some bikes  I guess what I'm saying is if you want to go out there you can use any gear of mine and ride my SV.  I chose it cause the power delivery is predictable and its super comfy for a sportbike.
     see ya soon
CHAINDRIVEN

Justin

And your sv has gobs of torque making you somewhat challenging to hunt.  The SV1000 is a great all around bike, and the 650 is perfect if you want lean more towards track riding.

Nesquik

Thanks for the offer whisky!

Where do I get some SSA stickers? I need one for my jeep if that's cool with you guy's  ;D

youngster775

WELL, THE STICKERS ARE EASY..... YOU JUST SHOW UP TO A BIKE NIGHT!!!!! ;D

Nesquik

That's hard! Haha ill try and make it next week  :D