Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

doug polen instruction

Started by dmh2000, August 17, 2009, 09:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmh2000

I signed up for the 1on1 Doug Polen class at yesterday's trackday. because there were only two students I more or less had a private lesson. It was great, i learned to be much more smooth, and changed my lines which were way off. He uses a radio while you are riding which  really works. Less classroom, more riding. He's an excellent instructor, and hey, one on one with a WSBK world champ. what can you say? I cut 15 seconds off my laptimes (3:35's to 3:20's). He said he wants to come back to RFR. highly recommended.
dave

com3

dude, i actually noticed the improvements to your riding session by session.  leaps and bounds, no less. good on ya, man!

Adiggity

Glad to hear you took advantage of that. Thanks for the report and congrats on your improvements. You will continue to improve from those lessons as time goes on too! Hopefully you took notes!  :)

zipbyu

Dude, You know your big time when the SSA is on Doug Polen's website schedule.  We made it. 

D1NO

NIIICCCCEEE!!! Thanks for the report and congrats...

A DRAGON

Thanks for posting and participating in Doug's School. WOW!!!!  I'm so impressed he made it to our track day. I think I'll have to make on of his schools. I think it's a real bargain.

Sometimes I think I should have taken up golf. I used to think golfing was expensive. Nothing close to the rush I get when riding my bike.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Team Gorgonzola

Yep, you don't s**t your pants when you miss a birdie :D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

MotoPutz

cobra23

I did not ride the track day. The thought of crashing the Ducati the weekend before I finally get a track bike was horrifying.

I am really interested in the Doug Polen school. I talked with them at Laguna a couple years ago at their booth and asked them to give RFR a shot, now I feel bad cause i did not participate.

It seems like it would be hard to focus with a radio in your ear, did you find it distracting at all?

I saw him sitting there at lunch (I drove up hust to say "hello all") and there was Doug Polen, just hanging out!! I think that is sooo cool!! The California folkses just sort of think you see these guys all the time. I spent so much time in Washington, we never see any of those guys up there.

Zemke talked to me at WSB Miller this year, yea he talked, I freaked.....anyway he metioned RFR, I think he would like to ride here, just for fun of course.

So the question is..how do we convince these guys to come out and play?? If Jerome has contacted Doug Polen, can we contact a couple others? Zemke metioned Meguel (Duhammel) i cant spell his name,  anyways it does not hurt to try. Zemke lives just over the hill in San Fransico area, Duhammel lives in Vegas I think.

dmh2000

Quote from: cobra23 on August 21, 2009, 10:26:34 PM
It seems like it would be hard to focus with a radio in your ear, did you find it distracting at all?
It was actually pretty effective since its one way only, from Doug to the student. I think it helped. it wasn't a distraction.

Quote from: cobra23 on August 21, 2009, 10:26:34 PM
Duhammel lives in Vegas I think.
Mladin lives in Henderson!
dave

dmh2000

According to the schedule on his website, gopolen.com, Doug is scheduled to return for the SSA Sept 26 trackday. woohoo!

I also think we should have a little more ceremony about his appearance at the riders meeting. He's a WSBK/AMA/Endurance world champion after all.
dave

Adiggity

Quote from: dmh2000 on August 27, 2009, 01:45:35 PM
According to the schedule on his website, gopolen.com, Doug is scheduled to return for the SSA Sept 26 trackday. woohoo!

I also think we should have a little more ceremony about his appearance at the riders meeting. He's a WSBK/AMA/Endurance world champion after all.
Agreed.

A DRAGON

Didn't Justin acknowledge hime at the riders meeting. I'll have a talk with him to make sure he does. >:(

Dustin thanks for all you do for us at SSA. Your the legend.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

weavefish

man i may just have to get in a class with MR. Polen..... my plans may change to make the SSA weekend.....
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

A DRAGON

Tom. That's a pretty good opportunity for you to learn something from a World champion. If you can afford it. I don't think you would regret it at all.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750