Main Menu

Fantasy Motorcycle league. Are you intested?

Started by A DRAGON, January 15, 2009, 12:18:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A DRAGON

I was talking it over with A-Diggity and Alberto to see who would be interested in a fantasey racing league. Post up if your interested. I'm thinking we need at least 10 people. Cost would be about $25.00 to $50.00  to play. It would stretch between Moto GP, AMA, WSBK and AFM. Haven't worked out all the details yet but really want to do something.  I really like the AFM twist.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Adiggity

Quote from: A DRAGON on January 15, 2009, 12:18:00 AM
I was talking it over with A-Diggity and Alberto to see who would be interested in a fantasey racing league. Post up if your interested. I'm thinking we need at least 10 people. Cost would be about $25.00 to $50.00  to play. It would stretch between Moto GP, AMA, WSBK and AFM. Haven't worked out all the details yet but really want to do something.  I really like the AFM twist.

$50 bones!! Geez you rich bastid......HELL YEAH I'M IN!!

My vote is $25 bucks or even less. I would do it for fun, not to make money from it.  :)

And just to fill everyone in on more of the details, at least that we discussed when I was there, you basically have a draft where we all get together and pick our riders from a given pool. (if you've played fantasy football, basically like that) You pick one rider in each class. AMA Superbike, AMA Daytona Sportbike, AMA Supersport, WSBK, WSS, Moto GP, 125 GP, 250 GP and AFM (Probably Formula Pacific and possibly 600 class??). The idea though would be instead of trying to get the most points, you try to get the least points. (For ease of keeping track) Wherever your rider finishes is your score. If your rider crashes, however many laps were left in the race gets added to your score plus the position they finished in. (Spies crashes with 2 laps to go in a 25 rider grid, you'd get 27 points for him finishing last, plus the two laps he didn't finish) The 3 people with the lowest score at the end of all the seasons get to split the money. (Obviously in a cascading sequence) If you want to switch riders mid season, you can do so as long as the rider you want is available and you have to pay $2. If your rider crashes the weekend of the races and can't compete, you can get a new rider from the available pool for no charge, but you have to make sure it is official. Everyone has to know. We can use the forum as our communicator for most of it to track when people make their decisions. I think it would be fun. Lets do this!!!  8)

Oneup

I'm in, just let me know when and where we are doing our picks.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

dmh2000

dave

XIII

Team Gorgonzola

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Adiggity

Adiggity

Ok, we were hoping to get 10 but we can do it with 7. What do you guys think about doing the draft on Superbowl Sunday weekend? Either Saturday evening or Sunday evening.

Btw, Superbowl Sunday weekend is 1/31 & 2/1. About a week and a half away.

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Oneup

I wasn't supposed to be in town that weekend but if it works for everyone else I'll come up.  Saturday would be preferable.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

dmh2000

dave

reno240sx

I think Saturday would be best for me. I will double check with work to make sure there is nothing that night.

Adiggity

Ok, so can everyone make it this Saturday like around 3 or 4 to do the draft? I was thinking about meeting at a pizza place or something.

reno240sx

I should be off work between 2 and 3, so that would be fine with me.