Main Menu

Rode to work this morning

Started by crzydog, November 05, 2008, 07:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

independent

Thank you, Tim!

It was strange being the only ones at PJ's on a wednesday night, it wasn't even snowing!
But it was cold & damp, just like being on the coast. Brrr!
I really appreciate your help in sourcing that manual, another dealer couldn't get it done.
I'll be riding all winter, too.
I spent some quality time in the backyard yesterday with the XR100's, traction was perfect!
It's good therapy...

lhyx

Quote from: n10sive on November 06, 2008, 04:34:48 PM
does anyone in the area sell heated gear for a reasonable price? And don't tell me the BMW dealer...I said REASONABLE!  :D

Yeah, Anybody selling these gears?
Lix

Yard Sale

QuoteI spent some quality time in the backyard yesterday with the XR100's, traction was perfect!
You have a backyard dirt track? <envy>

Mike Cullen

my dirt track is in the front yard :)

urvaius

yeah my SV is good to go. still need to fit my lower and cut some of my upper.
Here is a pic with my phone..
Dave Arneson

independent

You have a backyard dirt track? <envy>

Of course! Why else live out here in the sticks?
If  you'd  like to come over & ride sometime, i've got an extra bike to play on.

crzydog

I've been on a XR100 a few times and think I can get the hang of it.  ::)   I'd like to see your track setup
Dude, you were flying when I passed you....

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: urvaius on November 07, 2008, 03:44:21 PM

I forgot the SV, great!! Maybe next year some trackdays..... ;)
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

s4rgirl

Quotedoes anyone in the area sell heated gear for a reasonable price? And don't tell me the BMW dealer...I said REASONABLE

I've got a couple of heat controllers I'm selling to get a double one.  I'll sell them for reasonable.

n10sive

Quote from: s4rgirl on November 08, 2008, 08:42:57 AM
Quotedoes anyone in the area sell heated gear for a reasonable price? And don't tell me the BMW dealer...I said REASONABLE

I've got a couple of heat controllers I'm selling to get a double one.  I'll sell them for reasonable.

Thanks for the offer s4rgirl. I decided yesterday that if I get a heated liner, that I want the two zone one for the gloves and jacket and would need a double controller too.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

independent

Quote from: crzydog on November 07, 2008, 09:10:27 PM
I've been on a XR100 a few times and think I can get the hang of it.  ::)   I'd like to see your track setup

How about tomorrow? Another friend is coming over for the same purpose, we could turn it into a festival!
If anyone else has a 50 or 100 with stock(quiet) pipes, I'll open up the invitation. Supercamp, anyone?

Mike Cullen

If we start getting a group of 50's and 100's' I'll host a get together as well, we could alternate yards and weekends

jlavallee

Quote from: urvaius on November 07, 2008, 03:44:21 PM

R6 forks, wave rotors, clip on's, rearsets and what look to be marchesini's. Nice, I presume this is a track bike converted to street duty?

urvaius

I actually built it with Zoran and Jay's help. Carozeria wheels, 07 gsxr750 front end, r1 calipers,wave rotors, woodrcraft rearsets and clip-ons,leovince exhaust, gsxr1000 shock. I need to save for paint some day.
Dave Arneson

jlavallee

Nice bits, those SV's are great bikes.