Main Menu

Rode to work this morning

Started by crzydog, November 05, 2008, 07:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crzydog

22 degrees when I left at 8:15 and 41 degrees when I got into Carson. Yes, It was darn cold! A little rain on the way home and meet up with Kevin J. at P.J.'s to drop off a part/manual for him he ordered from the shop.   Tomorrow should be a little warmer, I hope.
Dude, you were flying when I passed you....

Justin

A gerbing heated jacket on my klr kept me alive more than one occasion.

Yard Sale

I need something to stop my fingers from freezing.

Mike Cullen

DUDE !...... I saw/ heard you go by, I knew it was you, I was just standing outside and it was cold......

Mike Cullen

Quote from: Yard Sale on November 06, 2008, 10:16:34 AM
I need something to stop my fingers from freezing.

three finger mittens, lets your index finger and thumb work the levers but keeps you warm, goofy looking on a sportbike but they work...

oldBolt

I am still commuting every day.  Using the same setup I did during the summer but added the liner and a Balaclava.   Gloves are Lee Parks Deer Tours PCi.  Used them @ 100 to 28 degrees but I must say if I had to do more than 10 miles in them at the low end I couldn't. Finger tips start to freeze.  My Held leathers work great; they have the same type of phase change technology under the name TFL cool system.  I think that if I get some Schampa Skinny warm skin underwear and a real winter glove only the snow and ice will keep me off the bike.  My shield fogs up when I am stopped at lights.  Has any one used the Respro Foggy Breathguard or any thing else to prevent fogging?
"I have inhaled, exhaled everything." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

s4rgirl

It's Gerbings gloves and vest or nothing, I ride to work all winter, (getting caught in the snow sucks though)!!

jlavallee

Oh yes, I too agree on the heated vest thing. I have a HD branded one that I bought during a cross country trip in 01 and that thing has paid for it's self many times over. Once you have one you'll wonder why you didn't get one sooner.

urvaius

I haven't ridden to carson in about a week. I will tomorrow though. I have heated gloves and my joerocket jacket and cortech pants. it was ok then. not sure what 22 will be like
Dave Arneson

n10sive

does anyone in the area sell heated gear for a reasonable price? And don't tell me the BMW dealer...I said REASONABLE!  :D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

oldBolt

Triumph Reno Freedom Cycles was selling some.  It all seems expensive for my taste.
You can call and inquirer: 358-3500.

May be they'll give a discount for your SSA member card?
"I have inhaled, exhaled everything." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

trent

Im pretty sure the guy out on hwy 50 in carson does I believe its called adventure cycles
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

n10sive

thanks guys. I'll try adventure in carson. Got my sidi's there for a price better than the internet :)
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

crzydog

I rode again today and it was much better and I got a new pair of warmer socks.  KLR dave stopped by on his way to Death Valley for a trip and he was loaded to the max! I have only seen people from europe with that much crap loaded up!  I also saw Kevin J. last night at P'j's and he was bundled up also.  I've been riding my Harley to work and I'm looking for a small commuter car. 
Dude, you were flying when I passed you....

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: urvaius on November 06, 2008, 04:11:56 PM
I haven't ridden to carson in about a week. I will tomorrow though. I have heated gloves and my joerocket jacket and cortech pants. it was ok then. not sure what 22 will be like
Dave, you got a bike?
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-