Main Menu

What New Roads For 2014?

Started by Mel, December 18, 2013, 11:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub

Quote from: GreenMachine on January 16, 2014, 10:31:24 PMSo I do feel I have an understanding of where your mindset is coming from, but I'm sorry if my unorthodox riding style make your head hurt.  We'll just have to accept that being different and riding differently is what adds to the flavor or our group rides; a form of two wheel expression.

I accept.

Quote from: GreenMachine on January 16, 2014, 10:31:24 PMBigcat & NVgixxer, you're 'lead' from now on!  Bring the XX or Connie/14R.  I'll sweep.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be leading group rides.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

BC-2

Looking forward to exploring the roads!

GreenMachine

Me too!  Good roads.  Good company.  Good times!  :D

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

288RR

I can't wait for the new riding season.  Had a blast last year and will be even better this year

Mel

My goal will be to entice more of you onto the goat roads ;D!

dub

Quote from: Mel on January 19, 2014, 10:52:54 PM
My goal will be to entice more of you onto the goat roads ;D!

Your best bet will probably be trickery.

"What, you've never heard of sheep ranch road? Oh, it's super smooth, I promise!" muhahaha

GreenMachine

That's down near Plymouth/Fairplay if I'm not mistaken.  Been on it twice, maybe three times.  Come to think of it, I think I was on it one time with DR & Wills.  All the other times in a car-ar-ar-ar-ar-ar-ar-rrrrrrrr.   :cuckoo  A little bumpy. 

I wouldn't want to play in that area anyways.  Too many wine tasters driving around half drunk and very narrow roads.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Mel

I like the way you think dub ;)!

BC-2

So, when does riding season typically start and end?

GreenMachine

dub

Quote from: BC-2 on January 21, 2014, 04:04:49 PM

Depends on the winter and what you want to do. The weather in late March/early April will start to look mighty inviting to head out and putt around. But if you want to get out and ride the passes over the mountains in a big snow year some of the high, unmaintained roads can be snowed in through the end of May. On a light snow year, like this past spring, we were riding those same roads Mid April. The way this winter is going, you can go ride your favorite mountain pass right now. Even if we get average snowfall Feb/March, the snow pack wont be deep enough to last through April. Sometimes we get a rainy spring, which can be a bummer because you are itching to get out and ride but it's rain rain rain every weekend. But at least the rain melts away the snow and washes the roads.
But like I said in the other thread, get yourself another dirt bike and no need to stress about the street riding season. If the street riding season ends early or starts late, doesn't bother me because that just makes the dirt season longer! We did a killer 50 mile trail ride this past Sunday in the Pine Nut Mountains, just south of Carson City.

BC-2

Quote from: dub on January 22, 2014, 11:41:27 AM
Quote from: BC-2 on January 21, 2014, 04:04:49 PM

Depends on the winter and what you want to do. The weather in late March/early April will start to look mighty inviting to head out and putt around. But if you want to get out and ride the passes over the mountains in a big snow year some of the high, unmaintained roads can be snowed in through the end of May. On a light snow year, like this past spring, we were riding those same roads Mid April. The way this winter is going, you can go ride your favorite mountain pass right now. Even if we get average snowfall Feb/March, the snow pack wont be deep enough to last through April. Sometimes we get a rainy spring, which can be a bummer because you are itching to get out and ride but it's rain rain rain every weekend. But at least the rain melts away the snow and washes the roads.
But like I said in the other thread, get yourself another dirt bike and no need to stress about the street riding season. If the street riding season ends early or starts late, doesn't bother me because that just makes the dirt season longer! We did a killer 50 mile trail ride this past Sunday in the Pine Nut Mountains, just south of Carson City.

Thank you very much for the detailed reply.  I know it's one of those things that I'll find out when I get there but it's aways comforting to know what to expect ahead of time.  I'll for sure try to get myself a dirtbike of some kind when I get there.  In California, there are red sticker dirtbikes, green sticker dirtbikes and plated dirtbikes (street legal).  Don't know if this is the same in Nevada yet but I'll decide what type would be the most useful for me there and buy accordingly.

dub

Quote from: BC-2 on January 22, 2014, 04:44:23 PMIn California, there are red sticker dirtbikes, green sticker dirtbikes and plated dirtbikes (street legal).  Don't know if this is the same in Nevada yet but I'll decide what type would be the most useful for me there and buy accordingly.

None of that non sense in NV. They don't give a fuck. Get whichever bike you lust after and ride it anywhere you want out in the desert.